Anyone ever heard of this?

Wee

I have experienced a gradual stop in paranormal activity; however, it never truly went away. My mom's house has something in it. I cannot say whether or not it's a nasty entity or not. When conducting an EVP (During the daylight hours) I caught a faint woman's voice whispering, and then almost like heavy boots waking across a wooden floor.

The kitchen has the most activity. If it is empty, especially at night, there are lots noises, pops, and things falling...and every time I go to check what it was, everything is in order. The kitchen is also the way to get to the basement..well..there is something not right with it. My mother and brothers do not believe in the paranormal, but EVERYONE is afraid of that basement...especially closer to the back, where there is a secret cornered section. My mom always makes me go to the basement with her to do laundry when I'm there. Not even the dogs will go down there. At all. I use to run up the stairs after doing laundry very quickly because this intense fear comes over anyone who goes down there...like something is coming after you. I decided that after my pregnancy is over, my brother and I want to conduct a little investigation to see what is it and what the intent of it is. Most of the activity in the house has calmed down, especially since I acknowledged that it was there and asked it to stop....but there is still a very eerie, lingering presence.