• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm wondering how much people here are using Netflix. I've been watching series and movies on there for a year now and I love it.

I went through Star Trek the original series, Heroes, Breaking Bad. I'm now watching The X-Files, I'm still a few episodes into season 1.

Are you using Netflix?

paradoxicated

My family has been subscribed to the basic original plan for 5 years now. We get the streaming for 4 screens at a time, and 1 DVD-by-mail at a time (no blu-ray). We love it.

Justinian

I just started using it. I'm trying to get away from downloading shows. Most of the shows I watch I can go to the channels ipad app and watch them for free anyways. It's like an addiction though. I know I'm not supposed to do it, but it's just so much easier. But it's okay. I just don't like that you can't see anything new. I've found that if you go to Hulu, they have the newer shows, but not the old. So the trick is to have both. If you use a PC you can just get by on the free Hulu. However, PS3, Xbox, and mobile devices cannot access Hulu free. My kids spent the summer nights this year at my house watching supernatural. I keep my laptop in the basement which runs a media server so that all the devices in the house connected to my router can access the shows there. My new tv even has a mobile app so that no matter where I'm at in the house, I can open the app and see what my kids are watching. Or turn the volume down. Came in handy several times while I was working and the volume slowly kept creeping up. So I just turned it down for them. Lovely thing really. But yeah, I don't subscribe to cable television. I just use netflix, crackle, hulu, and my media server. I setup hotspots in my neighbors' houses too, and I'm teaching them about the wonders of internet streaming to save money on television.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
My GF keeps watching cable TV, but I'm not. I could totally live with only Netflix and the Internet.

I have to agree that they don't always have the new stuff early. It usually takes a while before more recent content is released on there.