Astral Time Travelling.....

PyRo99

Hmmm, Erik!

I've got a few questions for you. They'll be in your PM box, whenever you get the chance, please reply! :)

starwolf

the "vibration" that overtakes you is painful, not at first but after a while it gets more intense then it becomes painful, becoming aware as your big toes touch the ceiling is quite a shock to your sences. the only thing that came to mind was, "NO" and pushing away, feeling a rush, then waking in your body. a few times over the years, ive felt the vibrations start again, but have forced myself to move a finger or an eyebrow when it becomes painful. does anyone have any ideas as to what the "vibrations" i felt were? ps... its audible within your inner ear

StarLord

starwolf, put your attention on the sound and wait to see if you notice any indication of changes in perceiveable light. The 'pain' will go away the more attention you put on the sound and light. Do not PUSH in any direction or endeavour, just relax and let it happen. the sound and light are universal language that spirit uses as guide posts. Depending on the level or plane you are experiencing, the sound and light will/ may change. Possible sounds are: surf, a stream running, the wind, the buzzing of bees, bag pipes, a flute, violins. Each level has it's own particular sound.

starwolf

the only description of the sound i can give is its like a steady and constant wave, almost "digital" but "softened" in a way. very constant, vrwooorw.... vrwooorw.... vrwooorw.... vrwooorw.... vrwooorw....

Edit: this post and a deep conversation with a metaphysics ex girlfriend are the only times i have ever spoken about this. i havent experienced it in some time, is there a way to enhance it, breathing or relaxation techniques?

StarLord

None at all. Relaxation is the key. Sharp emotions like fear will stop things pretty quickly. The harder you push towards something, will cause it to receede just that much farther from you. Law of reverse effects

All you need to do is see it happening in your imagination, agree that it is ok for it to happen and just wait for it to happen.

You are doing just fine. I would suggest finding a guide/Master that is living to learn from as astral travel is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak on the path.

Beware astral entities claiming to be such. Just like Ouiji Boards, they love messing with folks here on the physical plane, it is great sport for them.

starwolf

that makes sense, because in the obe experience, all i could say was no, and felt alot of fear and confusion being displaced. i have also seen 3 times an aura type of wave around fallen soldiers, they were dead for no longer than a minute. once in africa and twice in iraq.

HackimerRob

I had an experience the other night that may have been quite along these lines, but I've never intentionally meditated into an oobe or anything. I was asleep for probably 45 minutes, lying on my stomach. Suddenly I was conscious...not that I was lying in bed but that I was standing upright on a pedestal with a wall that may have been blowing air at my back, sort of supporting me. (The odd thing is in reality, I'm lying on my stomach) So, startled out of my unconsciousness, I realise at this point that I'm on my bed in this position. However I only remain this lucid for a few seconds when the aforementioned vibration, seemingly exactly as described here by others, begins to shake me, and I hear it, coming up from behind and under me, back on the pedestal standing, and I lift off the pedestal. Next thing I feel is I'm floating down a hallway, very well could have been my own hallway in my house, and it feels like I'm being overtaken by a large moving peice of fabric, and I can hear it (voop voop) like and my body was vibrating. I woke up to realize I was still on the bed, face down. But I really felt like it had been more than a dream, like I was really going through those feelings.
Weird.

StarLord

starwolf,

There are a few paths that deal specifically with the sound and light of spirit. Specifically, a LIVING guide / Master, one that is able to teach you both on the inner Planes as well as here on the Physical Plane. If I was interested in this kind of path and wanted to know more, that is where I would look and those would be my parameters. Out of the body experiences are both very natural and a very intregal part of our enfoldment in learning our birthright and true heritage as Soul, our true self.

Some people have an issue with the term Master and I was there once and can understand that valid viewpoint. In time, the term will come to represent more of a reference point than one denoting a personage to be worshiped. Nothing wrong in being highly grateful for what they can do for you, but it has been my fortune to learn that the true Masters abhore worship of themselves and really are not interested in owning your cadillac or rolex.

If I were to visit a place where I did not know the Language, Social Customs, Laws that govern the local land, Places to avoid, I would want the information that only one who had been before me could offer, a Guide. This is not a novel concept and when used can insure safe, instructive and enjoyable journeys.

In all honesty, I would not recommend the use of machines to do this UNLESS they can perform a few mundane tasks: Converse with you, answer questions, have had past experiences in the aforementioned.

If you need help in a direction feel free to PM me anytime.

Ralan

I haven't 'astrally projected' for a while now, but since I learned it I've often had out of body experiences when trying to fall asleep after excessive excersise or a very active day (de le brain).

One of the worst things that happens to me all the time is this: my body drifts into sleep, but I'm still very aware and concious. I get an indescribable sense that lets me know my brain is no longer connected with my body. Now I'm not in my room anymore; I'm in a copy of my room that my brain has created from me to be in of its own accord. Often I will get out of bed and walk around. Weird things happen, like images appearing on the walls, and strange sounds in my head. The next day they will seem funny but at the time I am genuinely filled with fear. Because the experience is so real I decide I must have actually woken up. I look at my digital clock to check the time, and its just a big red fuzz on the display. In that moment I realise I'm still actually asleep, and am back in my bed again (the fake bed my brain makes, not the one my body is currently on). This repeats several times until I get too afraid of the mysterious Fear and wake myself up by exhaling as hard as I can.

I can sometimes control these situations, and leave my room, or create scenarios for myself, but always my grip on the situation slips and I'm back in bed.

So there's a few of my nasty experiences with AP and OBEs to put you all off.

;)