Blinded by Bigfoot: When a Thorough Researcher Fights to Debunk his Own Picture

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
It was late August when a man took the picture of “something strange” he could not immediately identify. The image went unnoticed by cryptozoologists, paranormal investigators and the media outlets.

Will, also known as Grassman58 on YouTube, has been looking for signs of Bigfoot around the Stevens County area of Washington State for years. He claims he was with his research team hiking at Liberty Lake when he snapped the photograph.

“Looking over some of my pictures I noticed something strange in one of them,” he said. “Not sure what it could be. It could be just a stump or nothing at all.”

The picture shows a waterfall and a dark figure that looks like the hundreds of “Bigfoot” images that have been flooding the internet for years.

But unlike most Bigfoot researchers, Will decided it was his duty to go back to the spot where he took the picture in order to come up with an explanation about the purported anomaly.

Bigfoot? August 2014. Credit: Grassman58/YouTube

“There is nothing more irritating to me when you look at pictures of possible Bigfoots… either they are too far away or they are too out of focus to really decipher anything from it. And you see these pictures popping up all the time, and you never hear anymore about them. Well, I ended up with one of these types of pictures, but I’m planning on going back and do a follow up on this,” he said. “I’m not saying that I captured Bigfoot, but it looks odd to me. It’s got me wanting to head back up there to debunk my photo. I want to know what I photographed that day.”

And he did. Turns out the hominid looking silhouette was not an animal.

Two weeks ago, he and his partners did as they promised. They documented their findings on video.

“That’s it, it’s a tree stump,” a woman videotaping Will, as he stands by the peculiar natural formation, says on the footage. Then, a few seconds of silence.

“So there you have it,” says Will. “It was just a stump, with some tree roots coming out of it, with dirt clumped into the middle of it.”

Will says he is glad that he came back to that spot to “disprove this picture”.

“It’s what I like to do, I am not one of those types that believes every single thing is Bigfoot,” he explains.

“If I can debunk it, I feel a lot better about it.”

They did find, however, what they believe to be “possible impressions” on the mud nearby.

“I’m not sure if this one is human or not, but it’s barefoot,” he says about one of the purported footprints while holding a measuring tape. “Track is only about 9 inches long, you can see the outline, possible heel here, and there is some slight toe impressions.”

The thorough research carried out by Will and his team is a clear wake-up call for many Bigfoot investigators, enthusiasts, and curious viewers.

Also in August, a group of skaters in Lake Tahoe recorded a similar looking shape hiding behind the trees on the side of the road. A week later, Cryptozoology News obtained exclusive images from two residents in the area, determining the alleged sighting was not a natural formation.

Back in April, Will recorded the howls of what some believed to be Bigfoot’s.

He maintains the Bigfoot of Stevens County Facebook page, which he frequently updates with sound recordings and pictures documenting his Bigfoot excursions and wildlife trips.

The post Blinded by Bigfoot: When a Thorough Researcher Fights to Debunk his Own Picture appeared first on Cryptozoology News.