BOOK OF SHADOWS

:) A book which contains rituals, laws, healing lore, chants, spells, divinatoy methods,and other topics to guide witches in their practices. There is no sigle definitive Book of Shadows, for witchcraft, each tradition may have its own book, as well as local covens and individual witches may have their own book also. In the past the location of the book was hidden but with the changing of time, more of the books saw the light of day."The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World", Theresa Cheung.:cautious:

Traditionally a coven kept only one Book of Shadows, kept safe by thr high priestess or priest. But today individual witches hhave their own Book of Dreams.:)

Guess nobody has an interest in the topic or in the supernaturaal, in general. Either it is too simplistic or there is no belief in the "supernatural".

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Did you ever have a chance to manipulate or take a look at a book like the Book of Shadows?

Saw a "modern version" of what one was supposed to be like. No idea how authentic its contents nor how accurate the information in it was. Made interesting reading. I have seen "books" that were supposed to be able to allow the owner to do various things but these were on display, under locked glass case, at a national museum in Madrid, Spain. Been told most major city museums have one or a "first edition", several hundred years old. I was told the British Museum had several copies that were several hundred years old but that might be a rumor and anytime I get a chance to visit the "museum", I get just "no we don't" or try the "national library" or whatever the official title of it is. I have some rather old books that one supposedly can do "things" with but they are quite fragile and are seldom handled.:)

justin_see

Most of those books were either destroyed or spirited away into private collections. That's why people like Wiccans are full of crap. Its rare to find any original books nowadays. The last of them were stolen from the old libraries around the world and resold onto the black market. Before that, Christianity had burned all the other interesting books.

"Full of crap". Now I gotta ask you, how would you feel if somone said the same about you? Wiccans, are by nature, kind and generous people. I hated they dropped the name "witches" just for political correctness but such harsh words are uncalled for. If you say they are full of.....back it up. Check back with you later.

justin_see

No, you interpreted what I was saying the wrong way. Sure, they may be kind and nice people, but the original "Wiccan Way", for lack of a better term, was lost a long time ago. What exists now doesn't resemble the original at all. Sadly, the majority of Wiccans you run into now hang out at BarnesandNoble bookstores talking about crap they don't really understand. After a while of that they usually get sick of it and go back to their pointless lives. I don't mean to dump on them or anything, some things are just lost to time.

lordalmighty1

wicca today sadly is full of bs, i say this because todays wiccans use the invented 1950s money making con of g.g. (gerald b gardner). to be honest you might as well practice lovecrafts necronomicon (total fiction btw) you end up with the same outcome..
the fact is that true spiritual magics of the ancient english beliefs all died out when the romans invaded and wiped out the druids before killing off boudica and the rebellions of that time. sadly now adays the best you could hope for is a little herb lore, anything else is just a delusion of magic mushrooms and impressionable minds imo.

Amanda Brown

That is really awesome. I would love to see the book of shadows. Is there any in existence or are they all hidden? I don't know much about Wiccans but they just seem really in tune with the earth and nature and not so much about casting spells though I am sure they probably do.