Broadband use

HDRKID

Broadband use going up or DOWN?

TAKEN FROM Broadband use is on the way down
According to a new study from the Pew Research Center, 67% of Americans have high-speed Internet at home compared to 70% two years ago.

Please remember that back in 2005 I was told that by 2015 we would have 90% broadband use. That people would use it to see movies. Not only are we no where near the 90%, but it is going DOWN um not up. This points to a worsening economy. Also, we see that people complain about network outages and rising prices. Blame the crumbling infrastructure of a falling empire.

Where I live, a person living in a $50,000 rusty trailer had to pay no property tax in 1995 due to a $50,000 homeowners exemptions that were cut to $25,000 and will soon be zero. Tax was $200 in 2005 and $800 now and it keeps on going up. Sadly, we cannot say the same on property prices. Yeah, those are going down not up.

A lot of poor people cannot pay their taxes due to no jobs in our area. Sadly, the 5% unemployment figure is a complete joke and the government is threatening people who cannot pay taxes with prison. Things just keep on going worse.

For example, look at elementary school class size. It use to be 20 in 2005 and is 36 now. Teachers were let go due to lack of money. Books are old and the libraries are boarded up. Also, the average speed on country roads was 50 mph in 2005 and it is 10 mph now. Like it is faster to go walking in some places due to a giant pot hole every foot on average. I have lost three tires this year. They told us the problem was high oil prices. They cannot afford to send trucks out any more. OK so last I check oil is less than $40 a barrel, but power prices go up every year.

Cell phone companies are tearing down towers instead of building new ones. There are more gaps in coverage areas. All senators do is say that everything is fine and we need to shut up.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

According to a new study from the Pew Research Center, 67% of Americans have high-speed Internet at home compared to 70% two years ago.

Please remember that back in 2005 I was told that by 2015 we would have 90% broadband use. That people would use it to see movies. Not only are we no where near the 90%, but it is going DOWN um not up. This points to a worsening economy. Also, we see that people complain about network outages and rising prices. Blame the crumbling infrastructure of a falling empire.

Where I live, a person living in a $50,000 rusty trailer had to pay no property tax in 1995 due to a $50,000 homeowners exemptions that were cut to $25,000 and will soon be zero. Tax was $200 in 2005 and $800 now and it keeps on going up. Sadly, we cannot say the same on property prices. Yeah, those are going down not up.

A lot of poor people cannot pay their taxes due to no jobs in our area. Sadly, the 5% unemployment figure is a complete joke and the government is threatening people who cannot pay taxes with prison. Things just keep on going worse.

For example, look at elementary school class size. It use to be 20 in 2005 and is 36 now. Teachers were let go due to lack of money. Books are old and the libraries are boarded up. Also, the average speed on country roads was 50 mph in 2005 and it is 10 mph now. Like it is faster to go walking in some places due to a giant pot hole every foot on average. I have lost three tires this year. They told us the problem was high oil prices. They cannot afford to send trucks out any more. OK so last I check oil is less than $40 a barrel, but power prices go up every year.

Cell phone companies are tearing down towers instead of building new ones. There are more gaps in coverage areas. All senators do is say that everything is fine and we need to shut up.

Only one small point i want to make...The schools in the UK have between 40 to 45 children in one class...Much of this is due to a high immigration policy of the last labour government..Many of the immigrant children need translators because their families have only taught them their own language..and of course its the poor old tax payers that have to fund these translators which is a classic case of immigrants not wanting to integrate with the British population after we gave them homes money and safety....This is one of many reasons i want to stop all further immigration into our country...

And i would stress that America adopts a strong anti-immigration policy, if anyone wants to see for themselves the decline of the UK, i will personally take you around all the high muslim populations in and around my own city...Come and learn from the UK we are a classic case for overpopulation due to uncontrolled immigration..

Derrick C.

Only one small point i want to make...The schools in the UK have between 40 to 45 children in one class...Much of this is due to a high immigration policy of the last labour government..Many of the immigrant children need translators because their families have only taught them their own language..and of course its the poor old tax payers that have to fund these translators which is a classic case of immigrants not wanting to integrate with the British population after we gave them homes money and safety....This is one of many reasons i want to stop all further immigration into our country...

And i would stress that America adopts a strong anti-immigration policy, if anyone wants to see for themselves the decline of the UK, i will personally take you around all the high muslim populations in and around my own city...Come and learn from the UK we are a classic case for overpopulation due to uncontrolled immigration..

sure sounds like a fun vacation in the UK, then we can stop off in a pub and get smashed, would be proud to have TimeFlipper as my wingman :D :cool::)

Himalayan Hermit

I think more and more people are exclusively using a cellphone as an internet device, without an internet connection at home. I believe that might be what brought down the percentage of people using broadband.
Smart devices are the future guys even though for certain tasks, I still prefer my laptop screen without hurting my eyes too much :D

TimeFlipper

I think more and more people are exclusively using a cellphone as an internet device, without an internet connection at home. I believe that might be what brought down the percentage of people using broadband.
I still prefer my cable broadband for use in my home on my steam powered laptop Num7, just incase a high powered EMP should ever be around lol ;):D

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Small devices can be pretty hard on the eyes. I rely on regular computers for most of the things I do online and offline. And at work! :)