Cern

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: Cern

well once again it seems that as soon as I think I have a clue. I learn, I don't know shit from apple butter
gravity....dark matter.......anti-matter........ whatsa matter you no likeah da spaggetty no mo
just saw an update seems there set to go in 30-40 days
so guess we better get some fire wood cut and a couple bottles of good booze the show might last a day or two

Keroscene

kc wildman said:
well once again it seems that as soon as I think I have a clue. I learn, I don't know shit from apple butter
gravity....dark matter.......anti-matter........ whatsa matter you no likeah da spaggetty no mo

I don't understand what any of it actually is. I have a hard time grasping the concept that things are so small they can be particles, or space is so big it could be infinite. I don't understand it either, but I can draw pictures in my head.

Yeah right man, don't think that about yerself. i read alot of your posts and wish i knew half the stuff you did or had insight into some things that you do. You seem to have an awesome grasp on spirituality that I can't understand about myself no matter how hard i try. I wish I had half the wisdom people like you do.

Don't take anytihng I said here to be any kind of fact. It's just my interpretation and it could be totally wrong, and most of it probably is. I just tell so if anyone is interested in the same they have a place to start. If they prove me wrong then thats great, we all learned something.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

thanks guy I have a basic, very basic understanding of a few things. but I wouldn't say I know much about anything.cept how to f*%k up.ha ha ha :eek:
that I do pretty good, or so the wife tells me. ahh hell better still
just ask my boss he'll agree to that.cause he tells me every day:D
I am just wondering if this could realy open a passageway between demensions. cause thats just too wild to grasp. its like saying if you slam two cars together hard enough they will open a door to junkyard heaven. do they have any idea if the reaction of the paticals hitting each other will be on a frequancy level thats safe for us to even be around.???????will it short out our brains ???????will it interfear with our central nervous systems means of communation within the body/ I-E will we be able to RUN FOR THE HILLS if shit gose bad????? or just be forced to stand there and watch the truck getting closer and closer
aaaahhhhhh fffff&%*k it fetch me another beer there wally it's time for a smoke break anyway

Harte

baudmiksen said:
It seems lately alot of particle physicists are seriously considering the possibilities of other dimensions. I watched a video not to along ago where they have another particle accelerator. At this one the guy conducting the experiments was looking for the particles responsible for gravity they're calling gravitons, which are undetectable. THey did this supposedly by smahing the particles together then taking measurements of the mass afterwards. Or maybe it was the collision that was supposed to create gravitons. I don't understand the tests or the results exactly, but the physicist thinks that the gravitons are "escaping to another dimension" is the way he put it. The way I understand it is that gravitons might be moving faster than the speed of light, which means they could exist in another dimension of time.

I could be way off base here, hopefully Harte will get a chance to look in and see if i am on the physics part.

Last I checked, gravitons are theoretical and should be detectable if real.

I believe you're thinking of tachyons, which are also theoretical but they cease to exist at speeds less than the speed of light, so they are certainly undetectable.

Tachyons exist (supposedly) on the other side of the lightspeed limit, sort of like on the other side of a mirror. They have similar properties to our normal particles, but react to velocity in a backwards sort of way.

I mean by that that they gain mass as they slow down where as normal particles gain mass as they speed up.

Tachyons exit the universe as they slow past the speed of light, whereas normal particles exit the universe as they speed up past the speed of light.

Of course, neither scenario happens, it's just the way they explain it. I mean, it's just as impossible for a normal particle to go faster than light as it is for a tachyon to go slower than light.

At any rate, nobody should be worried about Cern's mini black holes. They will evaporate almost as quickly as they form, if they form at all.

In fact, the only way to detect them would be to find the result of their (former) presence, as is the case with a great many particles the particle physicists have "detected."

Num7

Administrator
Staff

We don't ear much about CERN since a few months.
They are always delaying it's opening.

I hope they'll reveal what they manage to find. I hope they'll not do the same as Nasa.

If they accelerate 2 particles to a speed near the light's speed, and that they hit each other, don't they hit themselves at a speed faster than light ?

Num7

gonzogirl

Numenorean7 said:
We don't ear much about CERN since a few months.
They are always delaying it's opening.

I hope they'll reveal what they manage to find. I hope they'll not do the same as Nasa.

If they accelerate 2 particles to a speed near the light's speed, and that they hit each other, don't they hit themselves at a speed faster than light ?

Num7

Yeah good question..is it like when two cars hit each other on the road? they are each going 55 but when they hit the impact is that of going like 100 miles an hour? What U say Harte?

kcwildman

Beastmaster

well kinda but not realy the aproaching objects don't realy go faster .
but the foot pounds of energy released at impact is multiplyed by the speed and mass of the objects hitting. I don't know the exact formula but yeh they hit harder the faster they go.

Harte

Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity applies to objects moving within the same inertial reference frame. Two objects, both accelerating in opposite directions, are not in the same inertial reference frame.

Nonetheless, IIRC, their combined velocities relative to each other (as observed from the objects themselves) cannot exceed the speed of light.

Since there is no "stationary" point in the universe from which one could measure absolute velocity, then from the point of view of the Special Theory, there is no difference between in the one case considering one point stationary and the other moving and and the other case of considering both points moving toward each other - that is, both points of view are each as "valid" as the other. Hence no matter how you look at it, from the perspective of the moving objects in question, their relative speeds with respect to each other cannot exceed that of light.

IOW, there's no way to get more energy from such a collision than a lightspeed head-on collision with a stationary object.

That's my take, though I might be wrong.

Harte

gonzogirl

Harte said:
Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity applies to objects moving within the same inertial reference frame. Two objects, both accelerating in opposite directions, are not in the same inertial reference frame.

Nonetheless, IIRC, their combined velocities relative to each other (as observed from the objects themselves) cannot exceed the speed of light.

Since there is no "stationary" point in the universe from which one could measure absolute velocity, then from the point of view of the Special Theory, there is no difference between in the one case considering one point stationary and the other moving and and the other case of considering both points moving toward each other - that is, both points of view are each as "valid" as the other. Hence no matter how you look at it, from the perspective of the moving objects in question, their relative speeds with respect to each other cannot exceed that of light.

IOW, there's no way to get more energy from such a collision than a lightspeed head-on collision with a stationary object.

That's my take, though I might be wrong.

Harte

Thank you Harte I knew we could count on ya.....:)