Changing the way we think about time travel

LilLdyBg

Changing the way we think of time travel.
This is something I posted a little while back in another forum, just wondering what y'all think of it...

What if all along we've been thinking about time travel in the wrong sense... I've been pondering lately about the possibility that there isn't a written future. We have to live in the present and create our future... it's not already just sitting there with massive amounts of new technology and people living their lives, because just like everyday, we wake up and that's fantastic in it's own, you may not even wake up tomorrow, you may not make it through today. Why are so many people chasing and attempting to reach the future? and by jumping to the future you wouldn't be able to determine the present. you would just skip all that's in between... In essence it seems to me that you would just be slowing time for yourself not really speeding it up... there's a better way to word that but I'm typing in a hurry before work. What if everyone who chases after the thought of future time travel is really being sent on an in general wild goose chase to assist people of power to find, I hate to say it, it's just an idea.... maybe this is the never ending chase for immortality...
I really and truly believe that with the technology that we have we should have some possible way to get a message back to the past.

LilLdyBg

And when I talk about traveling to the past I don't mean take your person and consciousness and move it to a point in the past, I think you wouldn't remember the travel, or the future that you created you would just exist as the person you traveled back to at that time... I believe it would work more like you travel back to a point and it's as if you are waking up from a dream... And the life you live from then on would be your present/leading up to your future which you create by living your present... Which is a part of what I think de ja vu is... Now it's a matter of figuring out how to get to the past, also something I think that is more simple than what we think of it as being...
And why there's no one walking around admitting to be time travelers is bc they don't remember they did, and don't know how they did.
So if we were to succeed at our task we would never know that we had.
Which makes it difficult to even trouble shoot and find a way to travel back...
And if you don't investigate it and attempt to do it then there's no way you'll travel back anyway, unless freak accident but again you wouldn't even know.
Sorry for the ramblings, I've been toying with this idea in my mind for a bit now...

timecore

I believe time travelers would not reveal themselves because of movies like the butterfly effect and back to future have influenced some people in negative ways.In such a negative way that they would try to prevent the time traveler from tampering with past.Because they think it would cause dire consequences.

Frederick35

Slowing time can be possible. Maybe somebody has moved 0,0000000000000002 seconds back in time and did not observed this, because there is no tools to verify this possibility. When actually increasing speed of this process can be time travel.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
what the human mind is able to understand about our true nature as beings, will not allow us to fully comprehend the reality of our existence.
what we call time dose not exist, (it) is a man made construct to relate distance traveled. (it) is in reality more like the eternal now, what was, along with what is, and that which will be, is all here in the eternal now. where we are is now, but that is only an instant of the eternal. sadly that is all we are aloud to experience, one instant at a time,one after the other, for eternity.
my grandfather once told me,, forever is like a giant lake, you can only swim in the part where you are...
as to whether or not the future it is set, and can not be changed is all together another matter.

Natalie005

Changing the way we think of time travel.
This is something I posted a little while back in another forum, just wondering what y'all think of it...

What if all along we've been thinking about time travel in the wrong sense... I've been pondering lately about the possibility that there isn't a written future. We have to live in the present and create our future... it's not already just sitting there with massive amounts of new technology and people living their lives, because just like everyday, we wake up and that's fantastic in it's own, you may not even wake up tomorrow, you may not make it through today. Why are so many people chasing and attempting to reach the future? and by jumping to the future you wouldn't be able to determine the present. you would just skip all that's in between... In essence it seems to me that you would just be slowing time for yourself not really speeding it up... there's a better way to word that but I'm typing in a hurry before work. What if everyone who chases after the thought of future time travel is really being sent on an in general wild goose chase to assist people of power to find, I hate to say it, it's just an idea.... maybe this is the never ending chase for immortality...
I really and truly believe that with the technology that we have we should have some possible way to get a message back to the past.
I think that modern technology allow to travel better, quickly and easy.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
to say that the future is set , and unchangeable...that would not an accurate statement. it is not set, and you could change it, but you won't. you chose what you did because it seemed right to you at the time..
the future is known,,, see you have already made the choice and done what you will, you could have chose anything, and done anything . so it was never set, but what you did choose to do is already done, so it is history now, and therefor it is known.

dose that make any sense at all ....

it is like you get to open a window and look into the future, you will watch yourself do things.
you could have done anything so it was not ever set..
but what you did do you now know .
the trick is being able to adjust your current vibration rate so as to open the window so you can have a look at what you did ten yrs from now.
everything in the known vers. vibrates at a set frequency, and cycle speed relating to what it happens to be, and when it happens to be.
change the frequency and that will change what you are
change the cycle speed and that will change when you are

how to do this is not so simple,, if it can be done at all..
I have tried for some time to use meditation or mental concentration with very little real success

I really don't think a machine is needed to look through the window and view the future..

Orpheus Rex

You are asking question on the nature of free will and determinism. There is no proof that can be provided on either side that gains a significant advantage for that side.
I myself think it's like Turing and the nonexistence of general algorithms to determine what a deterministic device (like a computer) will do. This is also similar to Driesch's distinction between biology and machine.