Christianity

PyRo99

Re: Christianity

First and foremost, My posts do not lack in intelligence, its the fact that Christianity is such a lame topic, that I make my sarcastic remarks. Its a way of havin' fun for me, too bad for you.

So I can channel God Too, watch this:

Hello my sons of Earth, please do not fight over such decreeing topics. You are all my lovely children, and there is no sense in battling over such frivolous things. I am neither judgemental nor powerful, I am. You are me, I am You. We, together form a whole. You have been sent here in a mission, to learn as much as possible. Your paths will differ from one another, but shall be not mistaken that you are still all my children. May you walk in acceptance with one another that you will challenge each other, but do not get agressive. For I am. I am neither judgemental, nor hateful. I am Love. And that makes you love too. May you join the foces of love, and combine to meet me in whole.

Do I get to call myself a prophet now? Didn't think so, because I'm about the most blasphemous person walking. Think I'm not channeling God? How about the Holy Spirit? Does that work too? Who knows who I'm channeling, I do. How about how people can channel Jesus Christ, how about a Course in Miracles? How about the other Ascended Masters?

Lovely isn't it, that I don't know a damned thing about Christianity, never went to Church and yet, I can pick it apart.

So, how about this. The Church created God out to be some mischevious bastard that taunts you when you are bad, and you gain sins that make you go to hell. So, what came first, the chicken or the egg? Or better yet, If a Tree falls in the forest, is there a sound made?

I believe I stated earlier in this thread, that this world is based on the rounds of duality. God cannot just be Good, he must have an evil side too. But, how can he be? I didn't think he was a human, but wait I just said another blasphemous thing in what I channeled. God is within' each of us, paraphrased from the channeling.

The Bible Clearly states many things that I disagree with. And quite frankly, I don't give a damn about something that was made to get money. Indulgences ringing any bells? All the Bible does is put fear into you, makes you think twice before you commit a sinful act. Hell, everythings a sinful act. Unless you're Jesus Christ, I'll be seeing you in hell. Lucky for us all, hes within' us all. So I'll be seeing you all in heaven.

So what is it, is God Good, or is he Evil? The Creator cannot be both, so choose. Oh wait, you can't because the Bible depicts him as a bastard, and as a good guy at the same time.

They must've been eatin' too many CoCo Puffs at the time of creating the Bible.

And it was created by the Church for revenue, and to say "Look what Jesus Said!" That way they actually have something backing themselves up. Too damned funny, people want to kill them? People were dumb as rocks back then; however society is still the same way right now.

So, how about it? Wanna take the advice given in the channel or shall we have another go 'round. My next post won't be as pleasant, so do take the time to make sure you do not insinuate that I am uneducated.

Ghost

I did not intend for you to be insulted, I was only stating that you did not seem to know very much about the Bible and that it could help you understand my posts if you informed yourself more about it. It was not an attack on your intelligence. It also appears to me that you are too closed minded to even seriously consider my posts, since apparently you prefer making sarcastic remarks and mocking other's beliefs more than reasonable discussion. Maybe if you at least pretended to be interested in what I have to say then I might have continued my posts on this subject, but so far we have done nothing but waste each other's time.

PyRo99

I'm closed minded, Yes, I am entirely close minded.

Thats why I ask Christians about things. And thats why I talk to all sorts of various persons from various religions. Please, back you're attack up.

I disprove of the Christian Religion, I disprove of all ORGANIZED religion. If that makes me close minded, so be it. But you're going to meet a lot worse than me.

Thats alright though, when the time comes for me to start worshipping the Bible, I'll already be in hell.

Sarcasm is a form of humor, its fun. You should laugh, not just be all 'pissed', that I'm mocking it.

You may think that I'm not learning things, but I am. I'm just not going to become some Born-Again Christian. Hell I was Baptised Catholic, and thats as far as my parental units went with the whole Christian thing.

In all honesty, the Bible does not pertain to anything that I need to know besides trivial usage. I'm never going to recite a passage or wear a T-Shirt that says "You can't say Nobody Never Gave you anything". Because quite frankly, thats bullsh1t.

Waste each others time? Nope, I can't say that I have. Perhaps you should stop thinking pessismistically and think optimistically and see what I have done. Then you'll be grateful, hell you may even be gracious.

And to be honest, I'm getting fairly tired of this whole "Dualistic" sh1t.

Its game time.

Zoomerz

I'm closed minded, Yes, I am entirely close minded.

Thats why I ask Christians about things. And thats why I talk to all sorts of various persons from various religions. Please, back you're attack up.
If you're close minded, why do you ask Christians anything at all? Are you trying to prove to them Christianity is wrong? If so, how are you going to prove it? Sounds like an exercise in futility to me (MHO only)....

I disprove of the Christian Religion, I disprove of all ORGANIZED religion. If that makes me close minded, so be it. But you're going to meet a lot worse than me.
Would "disagree" possibly be a better word here than "disaprove"? I personally don't agree with much of Christianity myself, and I'm certainly not Christian, but I can't deny that most Christians lead happy lives, and are content in their faith. Who are we to "disapprove" of that which we cannot prove is false?[/QUOTE]

Thats alright though, when the time comes for me to start worshipping the Bible, I'll already be in hell.
Why do you believe in hell, if you don't believe in heaven? And as for worshipping the bible, Christians worship their god, not a book. That's just their roadmap to living according to his word.

Sarcasm is a form of humor, its fun. You should laugh, not just be all 'pissed', that I'm mocking it.
You might be inclined to get 'pissed' yourself if someone mocked something you felt passionate about.

You may think that I'm not learning things, but I am. I'm just not going to become some Born-Again Christian. Hell I was Baptised Catholic, and thats as far as my parental units went with the whole Christian thing.
I think you're learning alot Pyro, and I've respected things you've had to say. There very fact that you enjoy exchanging ideas on this forum is proof enough of that. I'm not trying to condemn you here, just hopefully providing a different perspective. You may well never become a Christian. But you have a long life yet ahead of you, and that leaves plenty of time for changes in attitudes. Trust me on one thing, life has a funny way of presenting situations that test a man's convictions.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty, the Bible does not pertain to anything that I need to know besides trivial usage. I'm never going to recite a passage or wear a T-Shirt that says "You can't say Nobody Never Gave you anything". Because quite frankly, thats bullsh1t.
You don't have to be Christian to see much wisdom in the bible. If you truly are a student of life itself, don't rule out anything until you're educated enough to genuinely reject it.

Respectfully,
Z-

August

PyRo,

You know how much I respect you; you are a younger version of myself. And you are in full-on search mode, kid. Bravo. So I am not going to unload on you though my younger self begs me to empty an Augustinian clip or two.

Here are three T-shirts I want you to make and wear:

1. "Love people, Feed people, Serve people"
2. "Love your enemy"
3. "What you give is yours for good; what you keep is lost forever."

I dare you.

And let me tell you something: ranting on the net is not going to get you to where you want to be. Look up the word "cloister"; either you will understand or you will not. Fate is a cruel mistress.

PyRo99

Oh Hell yeah August. I'll make those shirts, and I'll wear 'em. See what some of these kiddos think of 'em at school, I'm sure my English Teacher will have a riot.

Anyways, I'll get too the fun part of the post. Because I don't like being backed into a corner.

I was proving a point that I am NOT close-minded. If I was close-minded do you think I would ask them? Didn't think So, Next.

You cannot prove it false, but can you prove it right? Didn't think So, Next.

Then people cannot live life. You wanna get pissed about someone mocking you're passion, oh hell, theres gunna be bloodshed wherever the hell you are. I live life with the intent of fun, and adventure. Not being some Farmer, and using the Bible as my bane. I'm goin' to go live my life to the potential it can be, whats stopping me? Some physics that I can defy? Why do you think I don't care if the Govt. brought the Thunder down? Hell, if they came I'd tell them to go back and get the lightning. Not only because it'd be fun to squirm away, but so I could see their reaction.

Why do you think I'm not afraid of things? Because I know there is no Hell, why do I mock hell? Because its just another aspect of this world, a fear that has been projected by the Cardinals, and Pope of the Catholic Church when they created the Bible. Why can I believe in Heaven and not hell? Because i know where I came from, and when I die, I won't be dead. My soul will transfer over, and whaddya you know? Were in the kingdom of "Heaven".

Being named the most Blasphemous idiot on Earth, would seemingly be the greatest accomplishment if it ever happend. Then again, am I the idiot for seeking things behind the veil of reality? Am I the idiot for seeking truths that are not from this world? Am I the idiot that is being played into a role in society that has me scared sh1tless? What is there to fear? The Anti-Christ being born? Looks like we've eluded that one pretty well. Evasive as we are, where are the messiahs?

Look were about to embark upon a nuclear War, and wheres the Messiah for this one? How about all the radiation, all the contamination? Where is the Savior to heal it all? Are we still being punished for Adam and Eve for eating the Apple or whatever it was? In the words of the Mighty Pyro99 "Why wait for something, when you're ass is the one thats gunna end up doing something anyways." So I just made that up off the top of my head, does it make it any less encouraging? Does it make me seem like a Prophet? I mean I did Channel God and All, does that not mean that I am entailed to the right of being called a Prophet? Or do I have to make some ill-nasty predictions for you guys to believe me?

Wake up and smell the roses. The planets going to hell in a handbasket, and then some. And you wonder why Gaia is sending Tsnuamis out, look how we treat her body, essentially. We pollute it, we scavenge it, we bleed on it, and we fight on it. Were about to undertake the most producing casulaties this earth has seen. Doom and Gloom buckos, and whatcha gunna do about it? Pray that it doesn't happen? Pray and Pray and Pray, let God handle it? Free-Will, how are you going to deal with that? No, the action falls into you're own hands.

I can't do much single handedly, no, but I do have some familiar things to you all. That are "Mythical" so to speak, well all except Angels. Until you're ready to see that you're fate resides soley in your government, you can pray up to hells mountains, it ain't gunna change until you change it. Oh well, I reckon' my stay in this lowly time is duing an end. Its been fun, and I figure I should be having my kick ass post to set the real ball into acceleration.

Peace, Love, And may God help you Find the Light.

KiraSjon

K guys (this is to no one in particular), these discussions are heating up. I think that's great and I don't want to throw a bucket of cold water on them, but I would like to issue a friendly reminder for everyone to please remember to play nice :)

StarLord

Just your normal boisterous, day to day, tete a tete exchange Kira.
Pyro here is venting. It's good for the lungs and the fingers. It's almost impossible to move without figuring out exactly where you are on a issue when you are that young.

And to imagine that I was as tempestous and full of vim & vigor at that age. No wonder my Latin teacher, Bro. Mike, told me that I was the best thing to happen to my parents, for with a cross like me to bear, they were surely going to heaven. Franciscan's can be scathingly funny.

Pyro my young brother. Here are some things you may wish to think about.
It has been my limited experience that in this world we can unwittingly rearrange our chosen path by our present outlook. You have heard me touch upon the fact that a ballance in all things is a very good thing. I need to stress that again and ask you to see if you can find a middle path in your convictions.

Here is why I ask that, it is very possible to all but force ourselves to experience situations by our attitude towards them. Point in case, if you wish to gain weight, spend you spare time while out and about mocking those that are over weight. Sooner or later, you will be awarded that same state of experience for your pleasure. If you wish to learn more about any subject, go out from the middle of the path, being totaly against something and you will have the opportunity to truly research and search each and every nook and cranny regarding that subject until you come to the conclusion that you could not understand what all the fuss was about.

It took many years to find out that being neither for, nor against in an extreme fashion aforded me the best opportunity to safely research any subject without getting caught up in it so far that I lost my choice in the matter, i.e. I HAD to go through the situation and wait for it to run it's course.

Of course, it's up to you in what you need to experience here my friend.

denbo88

I think I can contribute something badly needed in this thread. There is a lot of discussion about "translation errors" in the Bible. I cringed again and again at the inaccuracies as I read what many here have said on this and other points, But I'll just start with this point.

Keep in mind that there are many "manuscripts" from which "versions" are translated through the years. Manuscripts may have some variations between copies on word selection or interpretation at the time. Incidently, Hebrew scribes were highly regarded as accurate transcribers. My point is that extant manuscripts in our possession today are not all exactly the same. So for someone wanting to put together a new version of the Bible, they have to select the manuscripts that they feel are closest to the original ones. Some are more highly regarded that others for their veracity and selected first when a new version is authorized by an underwriting group. Versions are an attempt to put the scriptures in more of a venacular language. How would you like to still be reading it in Hebrew, Greek, Latin or Middle English? I think not. There were versions of the Bible that were influenced by politics of the time or it's patrons. The King James Version from about 1604 is an example and for all practical purposes is a government publication. It was rejected by many people because it denyed the common people the marginal notes they so valued in the earlier Geneva Bible, the bible of the Pilgrams, John Bunyon (Pilgram's Progress), and Shakespere, first published in 1560.

Also there are versions based on versions. The Revised Standard Version for instance, is merely an update of the King James Version (they did not go back to the original manuscripts).

One thing though is very apparent on this thread. Some of you have issues about God, religion, and have used this phony issue of translation errors to bash religion and people of faith. Faith has never been a problem of the intellect, but of the will.

StarLord

Having the RIGHT information, intact, with the real translation, really helps also.