chupacabra gets everyone's goat

MartinezDeMedio

Sorry I couldn't resist the pun. Anyway this is a true story. I live in New Mexico. For those not familiar, NM is very much a state, between Texas and Arizona and yes we do speak English. Anyways, we are not free from our Hispanic superstitions. Our governor who has been criticized for many fumbles, is now in hot water for apparently allowing politicians under her administration to allocate state funding to be used to hunt the chupacabra. Seriously, this wasn't reported on a para ormal website this was reported by our local news team and one of our local journalists in Albuquerque has a special investigating this. Meanwhile, new Mexicans are struggling to provide for their families, there are no jobs, health care fraud is going down left and right, methadone and suboxone clinics and libraries are being shut down. For what? So we can find the effing chupacabra. I'm just shocked that this is an actual debate not on a paranormal forum but in my local city hall. We all know if there is a chupacabra, it's just a coyote with rabes. Shoot it! Don't use tax payer money to hunt it! The weird thing about this is that the chupacabra isn't really new Mexican mythos. Its MEXICAN mythos. Our myths are about LA Lleroana or the Quicuouy. And we don't even believe in that stuff, to us they are just fun campfire stories. We don't believe in the chupacabra, that's a Mexican thing. Incidentally our governor is a Texan with Mexican heritage. A carpet bagger who knows nothing of our culture imposing her superstituous hooey on our people and using our money to do it. I would like to know what a non new Mexican thinks about this. How would you feel if your governor was using tax payer money to hunt the moth man in the midst of an economic crises?