Climate change could affect timekeeping, study says?????

Mayhem

Zenith

Since the 1970s, to correct for this, about 27 leap seconds have been added to the global clock, with timekeepers planning on subtracting a second for the first time in 2026. This is known as a "negative leap second."

However, the study finds that ice melt caused by climate change has partly offset that acceleration.

What do you guys think?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I might as well say that the itch in an unreachable point on my back is the real source of climate change! Why not? Anyone can blather nonsense.

After all, I only see this one study done by one author. Hmm? Did he even leave his desk to verify anything? I see claims of ice melting. No mention of ice freezing. Sounds like the author didn't do proper research. Or as is usual, the author is biased.

When I was in school, we were taught climate change was caused by the tilt of the earth's axis to the plane of the ecliptic. This caused the 4 seasons. I guess they don't teach verifiable facts anymore.

Mayhem

Zenith
Might be why Chan Thomas's book 'The Adam and Eve' story got sanitized years ago, that was based on the tilt and what happens/ed when it goes to far.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm siding with the AJ and HeckleFish version of the loose outer crust of the earth. If that breaks free and shifts, it makes it look like the poles have moved. There is historical and archeology evidence showing the poles were in different locations in the past.

MODAT7

It takes a lot to change the movement of something of planetary mass. I find it more probable that aether theory is true and we traversed either a higher aether density or aether stream and that changed our rotation slightly. If our orbit time around the sun actually changed a little, that's big news that has nothing to do with ice and local weather.