Continuity of comparitive creatures in mythology

kcwildman

Beastmaster
Re: Continuity of Comparitive Creatures in Mythology

agreed all the tribes had rituals for the passage into manhood some involved the use of drugs others did not. and your rite they never used them for fun. it was always done with great revrance and taken very serious.

EachPeachPearPlum

kc wildman said:
agreed all the tribes had rituals for the passage into manhood some involved the use of drugs others did not. and your rite they never used them for fun. it was always done with great revrance and taken very serious.

I like you. lol you're agreeing with me!

kcwildman

Beastmaster

of course, :)
its not wise to argue against the truth.
some of the rituals involved pits and rattle snakes too thow, and if they survived. they would get a vision for there future:eek:

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
of course, :)
its not wise to argue against the truth.
some of the rituals involved pits and rattle snakes too thow, and if they survived. they would get a vision for there future:eek:

Well Sheeeeoooot, no wonder we have such wild ass religions!
I wonder if the venom from the snakes added to the "visions"....
A vision like....uh go to the hospital and GOD will make sure you dont die!...:rolleyes:
Just put up w/ me kc. thats what everyone else does!:D

kcwildman

Beastmaster

as it was explained to me the bite of a rattle snake will hurt like a son-of-a-bitch and swell up pretty good, but isn't realy deadly unless you believe it to be. however the Apachee warriors were often bitten several times and passed out befor being pulled from the pit. hell they even put the cerimoney in a movie. one of the billy jack movies I don't remember witch.

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
as it was explained to me the bite of a rattle snake will hurt like a son-of-a-bitch and swell up pretty good, but isn't realy deadly unless you believe it to be. however the Apachee warriors were often bitten several times and passed out befor being pulled from the pit. hell they even put the cerimoney in a movie. one of the billy jack movies I don't remember witch.

Billy Jack. I own the first one, it is actually on dvd.......Kc we are really showin' our age! Yes you are right you dont need to die from a bite. Now I remember seeing a report on the tube about a guy who wrangles snakes and how many times he has been bitten....Now ya wanna talk about nasty bite..its the Brown Recluse spider. That I have seen up close and made me wanna barf!:eek:

kcwildman

Beastmaster

EachPeachPearPlum said:
I didn't want to start a new thread because it's probably not relevant; but did anyone else see this clipping?:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25097986/from/ET/wid/18298287/&GT1=43001

As someone previously mentioned, it really does go back to some fragment of truth; and we honestly don't know what all the stages of evolution were for a great deal of creatures.
good catch there peach, yeh I saw that too. still not quite sure whats going on here. while its not all that uncommon to see mutated deer antlers. this one is wierd, in that most offten a deer with odd horns is call by a diffrent name. (non typical rack) is the term. I think, when the horns don't look like a normal set. yet this one is in the world wide press and thats wierd in-its-self . somthin aint rite here

kcwildman

Beastmaster

gonzogirl said:
Billy Jack. I own the first one, it is actually on dvd.......Kc we are really showin' our age! Yes you are right you dont need to die from a bite. Now I remember seeing a report on the tube about a guy who wrangles snakes and how many times he has been bitten....Now ya wanna talk about nasty bite..its the Brown Recluse spider. That I have seen up close and made me wanna barf!:eek:
you got that rite, my nefew was discharged from the milt. for a recluse bite to hsi knee while out on a war games trip. by the time he even noticed it it had gotten into the kneecap yuk yuk. turned all black and the flesh was rotting insideout. he walked with a cane for a yr or so.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

If that dear lived a 3 or 4 hundred years ago, there would be a legend about it !
That's for sure.