Could you handle it?

cmac

Re: Could you handle it?

Like Whitelight said I would be curious and thrilled. I would be glued to the TV if they are showing the live footage to catch all that I could.

Likely the whole time, I would be thinking about all of the people that I had mentioned UFO's to and whether they were thinking, "Wow, he said they were real!" The other big thought in my mind is which alien race is this. Are they benevolent and here to help us and share with us, or are they malevolent and going to try to take control of us, and change our lives for the worst?

I would probably have to keep pinching myself to make certain that this is finally happening. I'm sure I would have thoughts of how the government is going to either attempt to cover this up, or how they will use this to control us even more.

The other thought that would likely enter my mind is whether this is the start of the End Times or things from the Book of Revelations. If it seems that these are the benevolent ET's then I will be very excited, but still a bit cautious. I would be hoping that this is the start of a much better time on Earth where we can learn from the ET's a more peaceful existence.

taurus

I agree with Whitelight and cmac....

Gosh, I don't know how I would react ....but I know I would say damn I knew we weren't alone on this planet. I would be in awe, thrilled and curious to know their purpose for making first contact. But honestly, I would be very tenative before I reacted with any emotion.

Risata

Me neither-I dont know how I'd react. I'd be more worried bout the people around me reacting. I think I would just be so damned curious and have a jillion questions. I dont think they'd be hostile, though. After all, we are pretty barbaric, and if we had the ability to go to a different world, I think we'd be cool when we got there. I think they'd only be hostile if their world was about to end due to running out of some real necessary resource for survival, in which they'd try to dominate us and take what they need. Think they'd have a rough time of it though, unless they brought 6 billion people with them.

We might not get along with each other, but I think we'd unite as a planet if any ET tried to f*u*k with our Earth.....

shane

I think I'd ask if I could hang out in their ship, maybe fly around some and try to see the universe from their perspective. If they were cool with that, I might ask if they wanted to do some acid. In all seriousness, I've always wanted to take the Eucharist with some aliens. I think that if the setting was right and everyone was on the level, it would be a solid diplomatic move.

I'm assuming, of course, that the acid would affect them like it affects any other animal, and hoping that it wouldn't affect them like Hoffman's infamous elephant. Now there's a PR nightmare.

taurus

Interesting take Shane..about taking a ride on their ship not the acid trip :) By the way, I just say Star Trek tonight and one of the movie previews happened to be a first contact. The irony is that aliens are orced to live like slaves after they land in South Africa, hmmm this story sounds familar. The movie is called District - 9. Anyone hear of it?

gl100

Risata said:
We might not get along with each other, but I think we'd unite as a planet if any ET tried to f*u*k with our Earth.....

Spoken like the old Duchess I remember. How ya doin kiddo?

Whitelight

shane said:
I think I'd ask if I could hang out in their ship, maybe fly around some and try to see the universe from their perspective. If they were cool with that, I might ask if they wanted to do some acid. In all seriousness, I've always wanted to take the Eucharist with some aliens. I think that if the setting was right and everyone was on the level, it would be a solid diplomatic move.

I'm assuming, of course, that the acid would affect them like it affects any other animal, and hoping that it wouldn't affect them like Hoffman's infamous elephant. Now there's a PR nightmare.

I've made some awesome friends on acid, so I like how you think haha.

I'd be worried about it confusing them and then crashing their ship, or maybe their too advanced to let it effect them.

gonzogirl

Whitelight said:
Snow, I understand the fear to a point.

When I was younger, I was so fascinated with aliens, but so scared. And here's my weird one, I used to watch shows about paranormal things happening, and they would sometimes do things about Jesus showing himself to people.

I was scared of seeing Jesus as a kid. I used to say to myself every night 'Jesus, if your real, that's cool, just don't show yourself to me. If you really love me just please god do not show yourself' I used to say that before bed when it was dark haha. It caused me a lot of anxiety as a kid that I might see Jesus.

So how's that for irrational? Haha.

The Jesus thing made me think..Most of the Christians I know think Im nuts for how i believe...But then expect me to belive all of the fantastical things from the Bible. Weird. I would be more secure if Aliens showed themselves rather than Jesus. I just feel that if Jesus showed up the world would go nuts...thinking that the End Times were upon us! I wonder what the very religious would say if the aliens do come?