Darby's posts re: John Titor?

timefan21

Hi folks,

I've only been introduced to the John Titor saga recently, and I've been researching it because I find it really interesting. Something I'm wondering about is the comments that that "Darby" guy made about John's time machine and the science behind it. I've been reading an archive of the original forum thread that Titor made, which includes all the posts by the other members, and Darby certainly seems to know his stuff - he was posting all these advanced physics equations and terms and concluded that the science John posted wasn't up to snuff and that the machine wouldn't work, which would mean the whole thing was a hoax.

Personally, I would like to believe that Titor was real. My question is, how does one maintain belief in Titor as a genuine time traveller in the face of Darby's debunking of the science behind his machine? Since all that science jargon goes over my head, was Darby incorrect in some way?

I know John said that he was not a physicist, so maybe it's possible that John was genuine and merely hadn't been briefed completely on the ins and outs of the machine he was using and the physics behind it, which would explain why he was not able to post concrete science that couldn't be disputed.

Or maybe one of his superiors had told John that for security/safety reasons, if he was to talk about the machine, he was only allowed to explain it to a certain level -- John said at one point that he hadn't given all the technical details of the machine -- so the information/physics John needed to prove it was real was "restricted information"? Maybe in case John said too much and someone used the info to build the time machine before it gets invented in the future. I guess that would screw a lot of things up.

I mean, is there anything that strongly suggests John was indeed who he said he was? This forum is still active, so I assume there is something you guys know that "keeps the candle burning".

Looking forward to any thoughts here!

Samstwitch

I mean, is there anything that strongly suggests John was indeed who he said he was?

Hello timefan21 and Welcome! :)

There are many things that suggest John was a real Time Traveler. Some are posted on this Forum under the John Titor Legacy, some is at johntitor.com, and perhaps more are scattered around the Internet, but to really know you will have to research for yourself.

Darby was a hard-core skeptic who refuted evidence in favor of John's story. He and I never saw eye-to-eye.

Good hunting!

~Sam~

TimeTravel_00

There are even those about that believe they are walking in the footsteps of the timeline foretold by the interloper, but everyone is of course entitled to their own perspective........