Davenport Resident Records Mysterious ‘Atmospheric’ Sounds

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
DAVENPORT, Iowa — As people across the state deal with problems caused by snow and ice accumulation, some residents in Davenport are busy trying to figure out the origin of a mysterious “atmospheric” sound.

Computer science student Matthew Nash, 28, told Cryptozoology News on Wednesday that he was clearing out the snow and ice by the sidewalk right outside his home when he noticed the purported audio phenomenon at 9 a.m. Tuesday.

“I was outside salting the sidewalk. It was loud then but increased in intensity when I stepped out onto my balcony,” Nash said.

That’s when the student decided to grab his cellphone to capture the noise. He then made a 2-minute-long YouTube video in which the puzzling harmonics can be heard.

“I told my wife and some fellow students. All were perplexed,” he said.

But others have a simple explanation for the melodic sounds.

“Some people who live in the area say they think it was the weather sirens.”

But Nash, who agrees it could have been the weather sirens, also says that they were not activated until later that day.

“This audio was taken a considerable amount of time before the sirens started. Not too long after I stopped recording I could hear the weather sirens going off,” he said, adding that once they were started they were “much louder” and “very distinct as weather sirens”.

Mysterious rumbling and harmonic noises around the world have been a center of attention within the paranormal community for years, with a number of reports peaking right before the start of 2012, also known as the –never materialized– year of the Mayan doom prophecy.

Curious people and researchers have been trying to link these sounds to different natural causes, from registered earthquake activity in the area to weather phenomena.

But some have also suggested the possibility of human-caused side effects, such as hydraulic fracturing –fracking– or even high-frequency sound military experiments.

“There are no fracking operations in the area that I’m aware of, but the Rock Island Arsenal and military base is nearby. The direction in which I’m pointing my phone is the approximate bearing of the Arsenal,” Nash explained.

A considerable number of other groups have attributed the loud oddity to different prophetic reasons based on the religious texts, dubbing the phenomenon “sky trumpets”.

Home of the Quad City River Bandits minor league baseball team, the city of Davenport lies along the banks of the Mississippi River in Scott County with a population of 100,000.

The post Davenport Resident Records Mysterious ‘Atmospheric’ Sounds appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

Khaos

where the wild things are
We hear them too.

This guy has a few videos of them. At the end of that one you can hear it pretty good.