December 21, 2012

Num7

Administrator
Staff
December 21, 2012

So, 12/21/2012.

The end of the mayan long count.
Our solar system intersects with the galactic equator.
Planet X, Nibiru and all this stuff.
The pole shifting and Schumann Resonance.

What are your bets about it ?
Your answer may include "nothing" :rolleyes:

Beyond prophecies, perhaps we're going to get another "year 2k" non-event.
I consider that a lot of things looks like to coincide on that day, but I tend to believe that it's probably just a non-event. It's although an interesting subjet, and there's a lot of interesting stuff about the mayan culture and calendar !

Here are some links:
Doomsday in 2012?: Viewzone
Survive 2012: Ancient Mayan Doomsday, Pole Shifts and Evolution
Why 2012?
Does Maya calendar predict 2012 apocalypse? - USATODAY.com

The guy in the first link is convinced that mayan prophecies are true. He explains the calendar, the prophecies, and the galactic alignment.
Naturally, all the content of these sites, and these opinions are not necessarily true, but still interesting. :)

Num7

Harte

Re: December 21 2012

Numenorean7 said:
So, 12/21/2012.

The end of the mayan long count.
Our solar system intersects with the galactic equator.
Planet X, Nibiru and all this stuff.
The pole shifting and Schumann Resonance.

What are your bets about it ?
Your answer may include "nothing" :rolleyes:

Beyond prophecies, perhaps we're going to get another "year 2k" non-event.
I consider that a lot of things looks like to coincide on that day, but I tend to believe that it's probably just a non-event. It's although an interesting subjet, and there's a lot of interesting stuff about the mayan culture and calendar !

Here are some links:
Doomsday in 2012?: Viewzone
Survive 2012: Ancient Mayan Doomsday, Pole Shifts and Evolution
Why 2012?
Does Maya calendar predict 2012 apocalypse? - USATODAY.com

The guy in the first link is convinced that mayan prophecies are true. He explains the calendar, the prophecies, and the galactic alignment.
Naturally, all the content of these sites, and these opinions are not necessarily true, but still interesting. :)

Num7
I vote nothing.

BTW, there are no Mayan prophecies concerning this date, as far as I've been able to find.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

The long mayan calendar ending on that day, I wonder what significance it might have. They are making calendars for long time, and they stop calculating at 2012. I understand that prophecies are not the most convincing argument. I don't think quetzalcoatl is going to get back on earth ! Can the end of their calendar be a prophecy in itself ? Maybe there was something preventing them to continue their calculations.

What do you know Harte about pole shifts ?
Science Evidence Suggests Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus Polar Shift Prediction Is Coming True
I understand that the earth's axis can be influenced by external gravity sources, but is there more risk for a pole shift when the sun's magnetic field flips ? If I remember, the last flip in the sun's magnetic field occured in 2001, the next one brings us on 2012.

Num7 :)

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
What do you know Harte about pole shifts ?
Science Evidence Suggests Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus Polar Shift Prediction Is Coming True
I understand that the earth's axis can be influenced by external gravity sources, but is there more risk for a pole shift when the sun's magnetic field flips ? If I remember, the last flip in the sun's magnetic field occured in 2001, the next one brings us on 2012.

Num7 :)
Never, ever believe anything you read or hear about what Nostradamus or Cayce "predicted."

Use your own head.

The "pole shift" that may be happening now is geomagnetic and has nothing to do with the physical poles of the Earth - IOW, the points of the axis of earth's revolutions.

Geomagnetic pole shifts happen frequently, geologically speaking. But the last major one (complete swap of north for south) occured almost 800,000 years ago.

Smaller shifts have been thought to have occurred more recently.

Not much effect on us - possibly a higher risk of skin cancer for a few decades.

The Sun flips it's magnetic poles every 11 years - part of the sunspot cycle. Not likely it effects the Earth's geomag field. I mean, it hasn't yet anyway.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Thanks for your answer Harte

I think that for a short time I considered that the pole shift could be "physical". After reading a bit about it (few minutes), it seemed too wild to happen.

The most crazy stuff I've read around 2012 was all these theories about Nibiru, that was just impossible. Did you see that video on youtube ? "Planet X on home video" ?. What a bull$hit! I'm not going to post a link. They're predicting Planet X to come since many years, and it's not coming. Did they managed to imagine that it might not exist at all ??? :p

Num7

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I vote nothing
as far as I can remember there is not one thing to say that the world will end. only that the calnder ends.so what, you can go to any book store and by a 10-20 year calender for today, and ever so often all the days start over. so you can have a calender from the 1800s that is still correct .cause it repetes, so why not this one too,you just start over with the same calender. but hey what do I know, I don't even ware a shirt,I swing threw the trees,I talk to animals so????? :D

Num7

Administrator
Staff

kc wildman said:
I vote nothing
but hey what do I know, I don't even ware a shirt,I swing threw the trees,I talk to animals so????? :D
You're lucky dude, you don't have to care about the world ending :rolleyes:

I can't beleive some people were thinking the world would end at y2k ! Some said Jesus would come back !

Num7

gonzogirl

Numenorean7 said:

I can't beleive some people were thinking the world would end at y2k ! Some said Jesus would come back !

Num7

Remember the 06-06-06 thread?
People thought that the DEVIL would take over and then someone rained on the parade by saying that Technically 060606 was the year before. cuz of how the calender was started......how funny!
P.S. If Jesus came back he would be killed in less time than before...:(

Chip Lewis

Numenorean7 said:

Num7
Num, y2k would have been bad if it wasn't for the developers patching the massive holes in date jumps. It really would have caused calamity...

Say for instance the bank dates regarding interest accumulation. Reverse interest for 100 years!!!

I always hear people say "that's why I don't believe anything regarding doom anymore....Y2K was a lie!"

Yeah, try an tell that to a developer or a and IT contractor that was working pre-Y2K...he'd probably bitch slap you!

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Chip said:
Num, y2k would have been bad if it wasn't for the developers patching the massive holes in date jumps. It really would have caused calamity...

Say for instance the bank dates regarding interest accumulation. Reverse interest for 100 years!!!

I always hear people say "that's why I don't believe anything regarding doom anymore....Y2K was a lie!"

Yeah, try an tell that to a developer or a and IT contractor that was working pre-Y2K...he'd probably bitch slap you!
Yeah, I know that, and I wasn't talking about this issue. There have been a lot of work done about programs in banks for exemple, I'm aware of that. It was a HUGE problem, but had nothing to to with the end of times.

Only, a lot of people were thinking that the world would end, with stories like the one about planet X, or jesus returning. Stories like those we read about 2012. "The world ends with 1999" lol

Num7