Do Adjacent Universes Touch?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I was told recently that universe=timeline=worldline
i obviously disagree with that
"touching" universes i guess would be more colliding than touching like a car....should be a tremendous speed there

Think about this. Blow bubbles in a glass of milk. Some gently are created next to eachother, some pop from too much force (i.e. expansion).

Do universes have to be in constant motion or can they come to rest?

Thinking out loud....

As for "universe=timeline=worldline", I'm not a physicist but I am pondering the concept of each "worldline" being a bubble type structure.

tomrat

so why are you asking if you already made up your mind?...(dont get that wrong plz)but let me explain my point of view one more time....here it goes:

1.))definition of touch:
a. To bring something into light contact with
b. To bring (one thing) into light contact with something else
touch - definition of touch by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

2))definition of collision:
Physics A brief dynamic event consisting of the close approach of two or more particles, such as atoms, resulting in an abrupt change of momentum or exchange of energy.
collision - definition of collision by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

3))expanding rate of universe:
Space itself is pulling apart at the seams, expanding at a rate of 74.3 plus or minus 2.1 kilometers (46.2 plus or minus 1.3 miles) per second per megaparseec (a megaparsec is roughly 3 million light-years).
Speed of Universe's Expansion Measured Better Than Ever | Hubble Constant | Spitzer | Space.com

1+2+3 leads myself to the conclusion of a collision not a touch...but thats just me and doesnt mean anything at all...you can have your bubble/worldline/timeline/universe thing...free speach free mind

regarding to
Do universes have to be in constant motion or can they come to rest?
i guess only time tells...so lets see in a couple of billion billion years...ooops we wont be around for ourselfs anymore...damn
fact of NOW is....its moving/expanding...no doubt about that...is it slowing down?....actually they say its speeding up

lets see what they come up with next...in the end we are all just dreaming all up...matrix style...even that is a current scientific theory

greets tomrat

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I am not asking. I am thinking out loud. I am not offended. I am not trying to convince. If we all agreed, there would be no point in having a discussion. I am not confrontational. I will read the above and consider your point of view when I am home and not on my phone. You don't know me, so you don't know that I respect other peoples' opinions even if we don't agree. We don't HAVE to agree. Let's just enjoy opposing views. We learn that way. Will reply to the above later. Just wanted to say this.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I kindly and humbly disagree that touch and collisions are the same. I understand I am not a physicist and much of what I say comes from my head, but I'd like to point out the following.

Collision - "Physics A brief dynamic event consisting of the close approach of two or more particles, such as atoms, resulting in an abrupt change of momentum or exchange of energy."

If it does NOT result in the above, then it is NOT a collision, IMHO.

Now, something incredible was recently made apparent to me!!!

WHAT IF when time traveling the point of origin is always the same!!!! Then, it wouldn't even MATTER if universes touch or not.

See? We pose questions to foster thought, and through our discussions new revelations evolve, my friend.

WHAT IF THE MULTIVERSE IS SHAPED LIKE THIS:

rose4.gif

Each "petal" is a multiverse. You just have to have to use your imagination and make it a 3D object.

Each "petal" represents infinity or k.

I am simply providing food for thought. No clue if I'm right.