Do you think that paranormal ability should be developed

yellowfish

Just a question that I have been asking myself for years. Often strange things happen to me or i am asked to do things by those who are not of this earth lets say. eg To go to a spiritualist church to give a message. See something that will happen and to warn an individual. Many people in this area have said that this ability should be developed however I'm not so sure. If it was to go any further then surely it would of its own accord.

Rosco..Jones

When we are young we see the world in a different way. We have imaginary friends that are really more than just imagination. We may see things or experience things we don't understand. When we ask our parents, they put things off and tell you that it is only in our imagination. We are taught very early in life to ignore those things that could be developed.

When I was young, my parents had some friends with a haunted house. Quite often they would see a young girl. They never told the kids, didn't want to scare them. Years later when it came up, the kids laughed and told of how they used to play with her in the attic.

I do think that paranormal abilities should be taught, beginning while still young. We must keep in mind that different people have different talents. I could study guitar for years and never be good. Others can pick up an instrument they have never seen an play beautiful music from the start. The individual's talents and abilities need to be discovered first. Who knows, they may teach us.

I have had readings in Lily Dale, NY, the Spiritualist headquarters here in North America. They hold classes and services and.. Here, take a look http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/ My experiences there left me being very impressed.

Hey yellowfish! They left, "I want to say more but this is a really deep area." off your other post.

kurisu

When we are young we see the world in a different way. We have imaginary friends that are really more than just imagination. We may see things or experience things we don't understand. When we ask our parents, they put things off and tell you that it is only in our imagination. We are taught very early in life to ignore those things that could be developed.

When I was young, my parents had some friends with a haunted house. Quite often they would see a young girl. They never told the kids, didn't want to scare them. Years later when it came up, the kids laughed and told of how they used to play with her in the attic.

I do think that paranormal abilities should be taught, beginning while still young. We must keep in mind that different people have different talents. I could study guitar for years and never be good. Others can pick up an instrument they have never seen an play beautiful music from the start. The individual's talents and abilities need to be discovered first. Who knows, they may teach us.

I have had readings in Lily Dale, NY, the Spiritualist headquarters here in North America. They hold classes and services and.. Here, take a look http://www.lilydaleassembly.com/ My experiences there left me being very impressed.

Hey yellowfish! They left, "I want to say more but this is a really deep area." off your other post.

Your right children often say they have imaginary friends but, it's not so simple as that it's almost like the child have schizophrenia the 'imaginary' friend is their and, they can touch and, talk with it. As for development of paranormal abilities it's not only that they should be taught at a young age but, it's easier to teach them at a younger age. The problem with the teaching of it is that many people would abuse any type of paranormal ability and, it would give a bad image for the rest of people

Rosco..Jones

Your right children often say they have imaginary friends but, it's not so simple as that it's almost like the child have schizophrenia the 'imaginary' friend is their and, they can touch and, talk with it. As for development of paranormal abilities it's not only that they should be taught at a young age but, it's easier to teach them at a younger age. The problem with the teaching of it is that many people would abuse any type of paranormal ability and, it would give a bad image for the rest of people

kurisu, I think we are more or less on the same page here. First off, a possible explanation for the nature of imaginary friends may be something that is never considered. It all begins with the concept of reincarnation. Let's start with your dying and moving on to the afterlife. After some time, you may feel the need to experience another physical life on Earth. You select your parents and they select you before conception. The baby is not just you being born to a new life, it is a combination of your old life and their present lives. This is a new life you are sponsoring and assisting as they grow, part of you and yet separate. You would be acting as a kind of "Guardian Angel", watching over them. In the times of "imaginary friends", you may take the form of a small child and play with the new you. The child can see, but adults cannot, hence "imaginary".

As for the teaching of abilities to potentially "bad" people. In every type of population, there is a probability distribution curve for every type of characteristic. I do not think that the morality curve for people with paranormal abilities should be significantly different than those without abilities. There will always be those on both sides of the morality average, with some more so than others. Never prevent something just because you fear what may possibly happen in some instances. I am very sure that the good will vastly outweigh the bag.

kurisu

kurisu, I think we are more or less on the same page here. First off, a possible explanation for the nature of imaginary friends may be something that is never considered. It all begins with the concept of reincarnation. Let's start with your dying and moving on to the afterlife. After some time, you may feel the need to experience another physical life on Earth. You select your parents and they select you before conception. The baby is not just you being born to a new life, it is a combination of your old life and their present lives. This is a new life you are sponsoring and assisting as they grow, part of you and yet separate. You would be acting as a kind of "Guardian Angel", watching over them. In the times of "imaginary friends", you may take the form of a small child and play with the new you. The child can see, but adults cannot, hence "imaginary".

As for the teaching of abilities to potentially "bad" people. In every type of population, there is a probability distribution curve for every type of characteristic. I do not think that the morality curve for people with paranormal abilities should be significantly different than those without abilities. There will always be those on both sides of the morality average, with some more so than others. Never prevent something just because you fear what may possibly happen in some instances. I am very sure that the good will vastly outweigh the bag.

Then why only appear to the child while it's young people get in dangerous situations even when they are developed and, smarter i would think they would appear to them in those situations also. The theory is possible however someone/thing is setting some form of rules or limitations preventing your interaction with the person.

As for the paranormal abilities I agree with you on the bad can outweigh the good however i think the problem is the power obtained regardless and, the amount of damage done with the power sure if the power servers as a weapon and, is equal to a gun your right in that the bad will outweigh the good but, what if you could gain a power equal to that of a rocket or something much stronger then, the problem isn't simple the good outweighs the bad but, the level of damage the bad can do.

If i had to say for sure whether it would be okay or not i would need to know the limitations of the power people can obtain whether its unlimited depending on the amount of training or whether you can only do so much regardless of the level or amount of training done

theres also the problem of accepting the power at first it could be that to many people fear the power and, choose to call it demonic or something and, they put a lock down on using the power regardless of good or bad. Of course assuming they don't punish people for using the power do to public fear I think it could become part of the common society should people learn to accept it

Rosco..Jones

kurisu,
Then why only appear to the child while it's young?
As I said previously, we are taught at a very young age that all this is imaginary and we learn to ignore it. Also, the growing mind does go through changes, especially when very young. Young people are more open. When older we need to become more focused and try to ignore distractions. Communication does occur when older, but not as direct.

As for the paranormal abilities, I agree with you on the bad can outweigh the good...
I did say that the good would outweigh the bad, not the reverse. Owning a gun does not "increase the bad" automatically. Legal owners, with training, present very few problems to the community. Illegal owners, without training, are the ones who cause the problems. Legal/illegal + training/no training? It appears that those who are responsible, take the training and play by the rules would be the preferred choice. Removing the legal path and providing no training, is not going to make us safer, correct?

I think it could become part of the common society, should (if) people learn to accept it.
You are correct, it could. I do see the general public becoming concerned over something new to them. Psychics coming out of the closet would get the same reaction as the Gay community or the mutants in X-Men. Ignorance breeds fear and often hate. Think back to the Salem witch trials or today's class and racial conflicts.

My final word on this is that persons with these talents do need to develop them. Others with talents such as art, music, mechanics, mathematics and so on, all have the opportunity to do this. One question I would have is who does the training? Public schools, churches, private (magnet) schools or who would be assigned this responsibility? I hate to say it, but this does relate to the X-Men movies. The general public may not approve and then what?

kurisu

kurisu,
Then why only appear to the child while it's young?
As I said previously, we are taught at a very young age that all this is imaginary and we learn to ignore it. Also, the growing mind does go through changes, especially when very young. Young people are more open. When older we need to become more focused and try to ignore distractions. Communication does occur when older, but not as direct.

As for the paranormal abilities, I agree with you on the bad can outweigh the good...
I did say that the good would outweigh the bad, not the reverse. Owning a gun does not "increase the bad" automatically. Legal owners, with training, present very few problems to the community. Illegal owners, without training, are the ones who cause the problems. Legal/illegal + training/no training? It appears that those who are responsible, take the training and play by the rules would be the preferred choice. Removing the legal path and providing no training, is not going to make us safer, correct?

I think it could become part of the common society, should (if) people learn to accept it.
You are correct, it could. I do see the general public becoming concerned over something new to them. Psychics coming out of the closet would get the same reaction as the Gay community or the mutants in X-Men. Ignorance breeds fear and often hate. Think back to the Salem witch trials or today's class and racial conflicts.

My final word on this is that persons with these talents do need to develop them. Others with talents such as art, music, mechanics, mathematics and so on, all have the opportunity to do this. One question I would have is who does the training? Public schools, churches, private (magnet) schools or who would be assigned this responsibility? I hate to say it, but this does relate to the X-Men movies. The general public may not approve and then what?

I cant agree we are taught simply to ignore it I know no one ever taught me really anything like that while I was younger and, if it's something thats truly there I cant see simply ignoring it being able to get rid of it. Unless it's similar to a situation where you simply 'will' it to disappear almost like some form of pk where you can literally "will" a object to do something

As for the good outweighing the bad I got my words mixed up and, meant I agree that they would and, your right in that a gun doesn't increase the bad however the gun does amplify the bad but, with a gun it's limit to the power of simply a gun. While if someone had a power that would be much stronger it could be much more dangerous. I'm not saying people will go destroying buildings for shits and, giggles but, I'm saying that the possibility is there and, possible. So we can agree on that. I also think that we would need some form of SDF for paranormal ability related crimes / incidents

And, were pretty much on the same note for it coming to the general community I'm not sure who would do the teaching maybe there would be a city specifically based on and, accepting the abilities for people who don't want to live in the closet when they have them. I could see some occult churches claiming the power to be the divine blessing of whatever god. I would think teaching would have to be done by private corps. at the start and, later as it becomes apart of common society and, generally accepted among all it could eventually earn a class in public school for teaching the history and, how the power is used just to give the information behind the power

If they don't accept it then, people will just have to not use it unless they want to thrown out by their peers