Editing of posts

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Editing of posts

I haven't edited much stuff recently other than content posted by JerseyMike last week: he asked that I delete his posts after I asked him to stop posting massive amounts of one liners in every threads.

I remember removing a GFY from one of your posts in the HDRKID's thread (yesterday, or the day before ?). If it was in any other thread, I would've left it there. I can tolerate these comments, the forum rules don't contain any list of censored words or such, and it doesn't need to either. The rules only talk about being nice with other people, and behaving in a respectful way, which is enough. I'm just (or I was just) moderating the HDRKID thread a little bit more to prevent it from turning into a(n even worse) mess. But... it's really getting old. I'll probably just let it go from now on.

I removed more than single words on pretty rare occasions, and I contact concerned people when that happens. I can count the number of times it happened on one hand (a five fingered hand, BTW).

Keroscene

Understood.

We've all seen the HDrkid thread spiral out of control so that is also perfectly understandable,

I don't know if I agree with removing anyone's post, even if it is requested by the people who made them. I kind of like the record keeping system of these bulletin boards, even though we may have the right to edit our posts at anytime(as far as I know), which is enough if someone wants to change or delete what they said. But I think I good visible record is important for a number of reasons. I know there are posts I've made in the past that make me cringe when I look at them, but maybe there is something to be learned from even the most cringe worthy posts. I personally wouldn't honor requests to remove entire posts without good reason, but I'm sure you have yours.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

I completely agree with you. I don't wanna remove complete posts either. I remove these posts once the user removed their content, otherwise I keep them.

I don't enjoy reading threads containing lots of "deleted by user" or "FU Harte" kinda posts.

Whitelight

That's okay with me.

I like the time limit idea, it's so people can't go back and edit or delete what they've said, it helps keep information accurate. And if there is fighting on the forum, it stops those from deleting their posts before a moderator catches on.