Fast Food Conspiracy?

CarpeNemo

MSG is a chemical that a lot of companies use to enhance the flavour of food, and I think I heard somewhere that it's highly addictive. It could be that McDonalds uses a higher dose of MSG than any other company, and that may be why so many people like it.

Personally, I eat a decent amount of Taco Bell, because they have cheap, tasty, filling, and not-really-terribly-bad-for-you burritos. A two dollar meal deal is incredibly cheap, and you get a small portion of Doritos, a drink, and a choice of four different items, and I've eaten them at least twice a month for ages now and I've still lost weight.

But yeah, I think there is a sort of conspiracy going on. MSG is legal under current FDA laws, and until it's not many companies will continue to feed it to us with a spoon.

But the real conspiracy in my mind is processed meat. Absolutely disgusting. You should look up how chicken nuggets are made.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
You can't beat that: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/06/artificial-meat-made-from-poop.php

I'm sure your gag reflexes are in full effect right now and they should be. This is a weird one. A Japanese researcher has come up with an artificial meat that's made from human feces. According to Inhabitat, Japanese scientist Mitsuyuki Ikeda has come up with a burger made from soya, steak sauce essence, and protein extracted from human feces.

If they came up with that, then they can come up with anything. Do you want a nice poop burger? :sick:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We're in a fast food topic, we shouldn't talk about real food! hehe.

That makes me think of the movie Soylent Green. What if everyone eats artificial food and real food becomes rare in the future? Would you pay 500$ for a steak?

You better get used to those McDonald's happy meals then!