fast recharge batteries

HDRKID

Fast recharge batteries use a nano foam of particles and can recharge in seconds so they are a big boost for us. They might help make people look at electric cars. Right now electric cars take hours to recharge and have only a very limited range.

Batteries that Recharge in Seconds | MIT Technology Review

women-in-electric-car.jpg

TimeTravel_00

You know what, I have heard about this, but under a different name. I think the technical chemical structure was originally announced as 3-D metal structuring, allowing the electro chemical storage bonds to occur in a matrix format, instead of just on a flat surface plane. Now this is really cool. Imagine electrical pulse engines that receive high intensity discharges from capacitors linked to these fast discharge/fast recharge battery banks. Now that, would be cool.

BlastTyrant

I have never used rechargeable battery's for one big reason, and that is over time the charge you get is insignificant, my cordless mouse use to run on rechargeable battery's and after a few months i had to plug it in so much i just threw them out and have had the same non charge battery in it now for 2 months.

And one of the main problems with Electric car's isn't the distance the charge last's but the Cost to replace one of the Batteries in it is insane.

TimeTravel_00

The chemistry is a bit different from typical NiCd batteries so the limited resurrection capacity should be fixed. I was originally planning on using motorcycle lithium ion batteries to power my capacitor bank in a homemade laser rifle, but these would offer a superior solution if they can be scaled down to a portable size.