Favorite Songs

1. Artist: Johnny Cash
  2. Album: Bitter Tears
  3. Released: 1964
Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian is a concept album and twentieth album released by country singer Johnny Cash in 1964 on Columbia Records. It is one of several Americana records by Cash; as its title implies, the tracks on the album focus exclusively on the history of and problems facing Native Americans in the United States. Cash had been convinced that his ancestry included members of the Cherokee tribe, and this partly served as inspiration for recording Bitter Tears, but later on as he began researching his ancestry, he actually had no Cherokee ancestry, but Scottish, English, and Scots-Irish ancestry. Throughout the album, Cash concentrates on the harsh and unfair treatment of the indigenous peoples of North America.

Track listing
  1. "As Long as the Grass Shall Grow" (Peter La Farge) – 6:10
  2. "Apache Tears" (Cash) – 2:34
  3. "Custer" (La Farge) – 2:20
  4. "The Talking Leaves" (Cash) – 3:55
  5. "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" (La Farge) – 4:07
  6. "Drums" (La Farge) – 5:04
  7. "White Girl" (La Farge) – 3:01
  8. "The Vanishing Race" (Cash, Johnny Horton) – 4:02
Link to Songs: johnny cash the vanishing race - Google Search

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Awesome band. Awesome song.

And I just thought of this song today. I miss HoJo. I was 12 when this song came out.

For all the people who love cute fuzzy little bunnies, there's SKINNY PUPPY 'Testure 12" Mix' TOO DARK PARK tour backing video (Warning: This video may be too graphic for some viewers):
It's the long version, and unfortunately I can't find the short one. Anyway, for anyone who's interested here are the lyrics:

Skinny Puppy - Testure Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Last edited: