Finding a career in the paranormal fields?

Epsilon

I'm going into the time of life where i have to pic a major and future career to go into.
So with this said I was wondering what careers are in this field of researching and how does one get into them? What would one major in to go into one of these fields? I will await a response to see if anyone can help me out with this question. Thanks for reading,
-Epsilon

If you are willing to do some writing, try the J.B. Rhine Research Center at DUKE UNIVERSITY, in Durham, North Carolina. I 'll leave the reading about Dr. Rhine up to you but he was a leader in the field of the study of "parapsychology", world wide. As for work, can't help you much there. Most all my time is spent dealing wirth the federal government and I don't know anyone I dislike enough to suggest to get involved in that whole "ball of wax" but I do honestly wish you success if you finding a job that is satisfying and challenging, as mine as been.:)

Epsilon

Thanks I still got a little while to decide but youve given me alittle insight with this.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Are you more interested into researching and writing, or perhaps more practical things like investigation ghost / UFO hunting and that kind of stuff?

That's kinda like the difference between an astronomer and an astronaut.

Epsilon

I'm kinda leaning towards an archaeological career or something else hands on towards paranormal history of some sort but I'm not opposed to research and writing

Holyhellcat

University will give you creditably, but will only teach you how to be another drone. If you go into paranormal and do it because it is your passion, you will have to think outside the box, and then "create" your way!

Probably more trial and error approach. See what you are good at, liabilities vs assets, wwhat do you have to offer, the job market where you are, things like thhat. Think of it as creating your own business, which you might have to do, as on a private practice basis, referrals, etc but that's how I got started in my line :) of work.