Debate Gift of Boots, a PR stunt?

titorite

When I saw this on yahoo news this morning... I could only think of how contrived it was and how the cop probably beat that homeless man at an occupy protest...

The police are wrong. They murder the innocent and let the guilty run free. I shall save my love for the homeless man, the cop can go fly a kite.

Samstwitch

When I saw this on yahoo news this morning... I could only think of how contrived it was and how the cop probably beat that homeless man at an occupy protest...

The police are wrong. They murder the innocent and let the guilty run free. I shall save my love for the homeless man, the cop can go fly a kite.

Your comment is a perfect example of what is wrong with the world today.
My Mama taught me..."Look for the good in all things, and you will find it." That is what people need to do.
This was an act of kindness, and act of goodness...yet you only see bad. That is sad.

titorite

My Mama taught me..."Look for the good in all things, and you will find it." That is what people need to do.
This was an act of kindness, and act of goodness...yet you only see bad. That is sad.

I am jaded. It's true.

Himalayan Hermit

Darn right!

titorite

Their is alot to be sad over HH.

It is not a joke nor a stretch to ponder....

That homeless dude could of darn well been at one of the various occupy camps.....

That cop could of darn well been part of the beating legions.

I am jaded... Jaded by bad cops and bad law enforcement policies......Their training turns them into monsters and the good cops are converted into normal LEOs or they burn out.

Personally I prefer burn out cops to practising career cops. I have ex cop friends. They feel the same way. Their is a big thing wrong in america and this story here does not bring me any happy happy joy joy feelings. Call me cynical , call me a grinch, call me worse if you feel,.... I'll feel nothing for the cop and save my feelings for humanity.

After all, these are the street soldiers that are smiling with us today, and just following orders the next day...

They can revel in their confidence today because they will not win tomorrow.

Octavusprime

Not all cops are evil hippy beating drones. Unfortunately those that desire power are usually the least fit ones for such a responsibility.

There is good in the world you just need to look a little harder to find it.

titorite

Good press for police... Trust them at your own peril is what I am trying to preach.... Nice guys here in this story... They won't seem so nice when they come to do the round ups.

Samstwitch

Good press for police... Trust them at your own peril is what I am trying to preach.... Nice guys here in this story... They won't seem so nice when they come to do the round ups.

You are bent on turning something good into bad. Start a new thread for a discussion or debate. The topic of this thread is about a randon "act of kindness".

titorite

I was just being realistic as I see it. I totally admit to feelings of jadedness and such. It is rude to continually throw your weight around and constantly insist that others start threads elsewhere. I am sorry I had to say that but someone needed to as you have been doing stuff like that alot lately.

It was a kind act, I wonder if it was a PR stunt. I highly suspect that is all it was... I'll but out now for while.

titorite

Now you see , the story continues, This is why I dislike the constant calls to split threads, I reserve the right to change my mind. The latest on this story is that the homeless fellow has stashed his boots secretly... because they are now worth lots of money... and that he was uploaded to youtube without his consent or information...

Because he made a case of consent he is now entitled.

Thats why I ask when I youtube....

It helps in cases just such as his..... and in his circle ... I'd hide the boots too.... being homeless sucks. A variety of reasons can take you there but once there..... the world is different.

Not everyone knows the feeling of sleeping on concrete next to a dumpster or tolite. I can give you details. I have been there. ick.... hard memories. bleh......

The cop.......

I have had a chance to look at the cop now....he looks decent but ........shit.... he llooks like one of those that will burn out... A good guy in a bad system. A system that trains people to be bad cops.... The office of the position is vile .. not the human per say....

Many good folk join the bullys to become cops... some wash out and others dont.... but then everyone gets thrown in the field...

I have seen good cops........burn out...... Good men... facing the majority of "go along to get along" cops... It kills them..... and then they burn out. That is the level of corruption inside law enforcement.........

Our best sons and daughters our going there into these fields of duty just to be brought down by circumstance and bad policy.

IT IS A BIG DEAL AND A VERY BIG PROBLEM>!!!

sigh/ugh/arg

What can we do but our very best to help each other?