God is an alien

Khaos

where the wild things are
But we are self aware... And we are creatures, so using your logic we are aliens too. So are you.

So, Paula. What planet you hail from? I came from mars.

:p

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Not sure what planet I'm from, but I said a creature from another planet, not ANY creature. :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
This is interesting.

I'm not entirely sure if God comes from somewhere other than Earth.

Convince me! ;)

HDRKID

God does not act like a Human in any way. He says - love your enemies.

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

This reminds me of a story I read when I was little. There were two princess. The one had a hair of gold, and was filled with caring. However, the other one, had a hair of rust and was very mean. A beautiful fairy transformed herself into an ugly old woman. She came to test the two princesses.

"Please let me in." the old crone cries. The golden princess lets her in. Then she gives her bed to the old woman. She sleeps on the floor, but the next day the old woman asks for help from the rust princess. The girl yells. "Be gone you ancient one. Guards, take her away!"

Then the fairy transforms back into her real self and gives the golden princess a blessing and the rust princess a curse.

It is similar to this one.
Bedtime Stories, Fairy Tales and Children Books - Tonight's Bedtime Story – The Two Sisters

People have asked me why do the BEK knock on your front door and ask to come in. Maybe there is a simple answer. BEK usually ask to use the phone or for food.

Matthew 10:42
And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
This is interesting.

I'm not entirely sure if God comes from somewhere other than Earth.

Convince me! ;)

I personally never thought of god living on Earth. When I posted this, I thought of god as an "alien" life form. I've now come to realize that maybe god IS the universe. It would still fit into the "god is an alien" theory, though. If the universe is a being and it wasn't born ON earth, then to humans, he/it is alien.

(Side note: If god is the universe and there are multiple universes, then there are multiple gods).

BlastTyrant

Countless times in my Reading i read people saying "God is Love"

you can take it how you like, but really what is the most powerful feeling on earth? Love...so in that sense we would be seeking God.
BUT the immature side of me giggles at the fact that if i love my self than in return i am loving god, which i will let the mind roam with that comment.

Khaos

where the wild things are
My goodness... the misconception of God and the savior Jesus Christ, abound.

God and Christ are not the universe. They are made of flesh and bone just as you and I. We look alike. Our difference is what flows through us. We have blood. They do not. What flows through them is perfect. It is was what causes them to be eternal. Without disease, without death. Without growing old. Physically, this is our difference.

If God is so "perfect" why did he create such an imperfect world? Supposedly we are made in his image. I heard one person say that we each are a shard of God. So therefore, if we aren't perfect, can you really say that God is perfect?

Kurt

I'm not here to preach but often what I've heard as a reply to the "imperfect world" argument is "free will" from my more religious friends. I somewhat accept that answer except that if one accepts that answer then it would be logical to also accept that God does not interfere with what goes on here yet they seem to disagree with that notion.

Kurt

I'm not here to preach but often what I've heard as a reply to the "imperfect world" argument is "free will" from my more religious friends. I somewhat accept that answer except that if one accepts that answer then it would be logical to also accept that God does not interfere with what goes on here yet they seem to disagree with that notion.