Has anyone honestly ever preformed any form of "magic" that had results?

BlastTyrant

Several years back i was at a friends house and i noticed a colorful bottle on there top shelf so i had asked his mom what was in the bottle and she had told me nothing it was just decoration. Couple years later i found out that his mom had performed a ritual to capture a ghost that had been haunting his brother and the ghost was in the bottle. I had always known his mom was a wiccan but whether or not there was a actual spirit or demon trapped in that colorful bottle is a mystery to me but i do recall she would not let anyone near it.

There is a bit more to the story but short and to the point is nice sometimes as well :p

SooperSmurph

Do you define results as physical manifestations which are recordable in nature? If so then no.

But the binding of spirits is a practice which persists into our modern time because reason fails us when confronted with the unknowable.

Trying to define such beings is just more artificial construction on our part, like any dogma, but to put things simply...

Faith Energy can be just as useful as any physical form of energy when applied in the right context, maybe our species will be able to unify the two if we manage to continue evolving.

Night Templar

According to the Old Testament, when challenged by the magicians of the ruler of Egypt, their staffs, by magic, were turned into snakes, as did Moses, and his snake/staff devoured the snakes/staffs of the ruler of all Egypt.(KJV) Guess one might call that a success unless you worked for Ramses II, thought to be the pharaoh of the Exodus.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
This might sound totally lame, and I'm kinda ashamed to even post about it, but since we're on the subject...back in middle school, I bought a "spells and charms" book (still have it somewhere in my hoards of books) so my friends and I gathered, idoliIng the movie "The Craft", without any real knowledge or respect of it all...Anyways, I preformed a charm on this guy I had a crush on...He never liked me back that I knew of, but he ended up being killed in a car crash in high school...In retrospect, I don't think the "charm" had anything to do with it, but the thought crossed my mind...like it had backfired somehow...