Headaches

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I feel this deserve its own thread!

@Wind7 is experiencing headaches and I have a sudden increase in headaches. I started getting a dull headache 24x7 without explanation. It does not feel like my neck pain headache! Some people get migraines. I used to, but not anymore.

Why do humans get so many headaches? Do animals get headaches?

There are many causes - hormones, medications, stress, fatigue, illness, injuries (back, neck), but some are unexplained.

Ibuprofen works the best, but it doesn't always work, especially for a migraine. I take Ibuprofen daily now!!! Caffeine helps, but if you're like me, I can't have too much or I will have insomnia.

What is going on?

I suppose, a cat would just sleep off their headache if they had one. A rabbit would stop eating and would die (they can't go more then 24 hrs without food).
What about fish? Alligators? We'll never know.

Humans are always in so much pain!!!

Wind7

Staff
I don't get them that often....Thankfully. (y)

I get a migraine like once every few years but I also know that my
neck gets out of sorts with the upper vertebrae and it's all I can do to get out the kink.
I do...Eventually!

I had a great chiropractor but when he moved away, I never bothered to find another.
Good ones are hard to find.

8thsinner

Why do humans get so many headaches?
Cause humans are the only idiots in the animal kingdom that will eat things they know are toxic and deadly.
Pain is often the result of the removal of these toxins.
Headaches often the pineal and pituitary glands detoxing synthetic and mutated hormones from water and other sources.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ok, turns out I have a low grade fever, so I’m fighting something. Gonna take Quercetin. We had a party over the weekend and someone must have been carrying something.

Another human design flaw - using headaches for a symptom for everything makes troubleshooting very difficult.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I don't get them that often....Thankfully. (y)

I get a migraine like once every few years but I also know that my
neck gets out of sorts with the upper vertebrae and it's all I can do to get out the kink.
I do...Eventually!

I had a great chiropractor but when he moved away, I never bothered to find another.
Good ones are hard to find.

Oh, good to hear. I misunderstood.

I’ve tried self adjustments and stretches but they make my neck pain worse. (I do get headaches from my neck).

Bob and Brad on you tube are good physical therapists. Their videos have helped me with other stuff. Check them out. They’re mildly funny. From Wisconsin.

8thsinner

Ok, turns out I have a low grade fever, so I’m fighting something. Gonna take Quercetin. We had a party over the weekend and someone must have been carrying something.

Another human design flaw - using headaches for a symptom for everything makes troubleshooting very difficult.
Once upon a time humans were deeply connected to their bodies, these days, not so much. Everyone reaches for a pill at the first sign of discomfort.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I feel this deserve its own thread!

@Wind7 is experiencing headaches and I have a sudden increase in headaches. I started getting a dull headache 24x7 without explanation. It does not feel like my neck pain headache! Some people get migraines. I used to, but not anymore.

Why do humans get so many headaches? Do animals get headaches?

There are many causes - hormones, medications, stress, fatigue, illness, injuries (back, neck), but some are unexplained.

Ibuprofen works the best, but it doesn't always work, especially for a migraine. I take Ibuprofen daily now!!! Caffeine helps, but if you're like me, I can't have too much or I will have insomnia.

What is going on?

I suppose, a cat would just sleep off their headache if they had one. A rabbit would stop eating and would die (they can't go more then 24 hrs without food).
What about fish? Alligators? We'll never know.

Humans are always in so much pain!!!

I would suggest getting off the ibuprofen. You can cause other health problems with ibuprofen. My problem was it interferes with stomach acid production. Thus reducing my ability to heal quite possibly the cause of my problem in the first place.

My number one cure for a headache is exercise. An hour outside running under the stars works every time.

MODAT7

What Ein said about ibuprofin. Tylenol also has its share of problems. They were starting to cause kidney issues for me.

With my suffocation migraines, I rediscovered aspirin. I wasn't expecting that, but sometimes it helps. Sometimes I only need 1/4 a full dosage. Add in a brain tickler, and sometimes I can be out of it in a half hour.

If you take painkillers long enough, you can also get "rebound headaches" when you get off them. It becomes a vicious cycle. Sometimes the best way is to just push through the pain.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What Ein said about ibuprofin. Tylenol also has its share of problems. They were starting to cause kidney issues for me.

With my suffocation migraines, I rediscovered aspirin. I wasn't expecting that, but sometimes it helps. Sometimes I only need 1/4 a full dosage. Add in a brain tickler, and sometimes I can be out of it in a half hour.

If you take painkillers long enough, you can also get "rebound headaches" when you get off them. It becomes a vicious cycle. Sometimes the best way is to just push through the pain.

Interesting. I never figured I'd become dependent on Ibuprofen. I suppose it's possible.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I would suggest getting off the ibuprofen. You can cause other health problems with ibuprofen. My problem was it interferes with stomach acid production. Thus reducing my ability to heal quite possibly the cause of my problem in the first place.

My number one cure for a headache is exercise. An hour outside running under the stars works every time.

Working on the motivation. I walk. Need to do heavier exercise.