Health Officials: ‘No Concern’ Over 500% Increase In Radiation Levels On Cali. Beach

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Health officials in California are attempting to brush off public concern after a viral Youtube video showed a large increase in radiation levels on a Coastside beach last week.

The video, which has garnered nearly half a million views, shows radiation levels over five times above the normal background level, prompting fears over the ongoing Fukushima disaster.

Following public outcry, a state investigation by health officials found similar levels while collecting ground samples several days later. According to County Environmental Health Director Dean Peterson, the public should not be concerned.

“It’s not something that we feel is an immediate public health concern,” Peterson told the Review. “We’re not even close to the point of saying that any of this is from Fukushima.”

According to “Dave,” the video’s author, radiation detected two inches off the beach surface several days prior produced levels even higher, nearly 13 times above normal.

Read more:
Health Officials: 'No Concern' Over 500% Increase In Radiation Levels On Cali. Beach

TnWatchdog

Deny, deny...lie, lie until the bodies start piling up. Oh California...I think we have a problem! As usual, another typical cover-up at work. It might be interesting to invest in a radiation detector. Walk around town and freak people out...oh I am just checking radiation levels, don't be alarmed.

Justinian

My high school growing up had a radiation detector in it. It was always fun to sit in class and watch it constantly plot the current radiation levels.

BlastTyrant

Well California does state that just about everything is known to cause Cancer, now California ITS SELF is known to cause cancer.

The gov only cares about slimming down the population, this is just another way of doing it.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
aahhhh not to worry old man,, just pull the covers up to your chin so the glowwing from your arms don't keep you up at night ...LOL

might want to stop eating/ drinking anything from the pacific waters/ west coast , I would say pretty much anything west of the rockies is toast at this point..

HDRKID

Sadly, my gieger counter is broken, so I should get another one. I prefer to focus on our economy. Look at Radio Shack now. They are a favorite of mine. Went there to get more electronic components. Steven Gibbs says they will close in 2015, but he could be off by a year. Sadly, they do not sell geiger counter any more. They are like a cell phone store and a poor one.

The Big Number: RadioShack Wants to Close More Than a Thousand Stores | Video - ABC News

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Sadly, my gieger counter is broken, so I should get another one. I prefer to focus on our economy. Look at Radio Shack now. They are a favorite of mine. Went there to get more electronic components. Steven Gibbs says they will close in 2015, but he could be off by a year. Sadly, they do not sell geiger counter any more. They are like a cell phone store and a poor one.

The Big Number: RadioShack Wants to Close More Than a Thousand Stores | Video - ABC News

I was unlucky enough to work there once and I couldn't believe the amount of pressure they ask you to put on the customer to buy their crappy phones. We got commission on sales and everything, but you were better off just recommending a good product that met the customer's needs. Unloading your crappy crap on them does not a customer make.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

PS - I think you're right, and I do hope they close. Calling themselves "The Shack" is the one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard.