Hell, Tartarus, Hades... Let's think about this.

Loopi

The Bearded One
I think i'm on the same page with you jdetterline. I'm neither here nor there with religion but those questions always bugged me to... What makes souls so important? Maybe God didn't want to be the "bad guy" anymore and gave Lucifer a promotion to his own department? Maybe there isn't either side? Maybe this is all chance?

One of my biggest love for us as a race, we always want to ask WHY?!
Great post.

Samstwitch

Loopi, there are answers to your questions, but you must read to learn them.

To anyone...about religions...a person is not saved by any religion. A person is saved by believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and accepting Him as their personal Saviour...and then following Him. It's that simple...Believe, Repent, Follow.

Romans 10:9 - If you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Loopi

The Bearded One
Loopi, there are answers to your questions, but you must read to learn them.

To anyone...about religions...a person is not saved by any religion. A person is saved by believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and accepting Him as their personal Saviour...and then following Him. It's that simple...Believe, Repent, Follow.

Romans 10:9 - If you confess with your mouth that "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

I was hoping for more of a question and answer type of response. But noo worries I was merely asking questions I'm not here to rough up anyones feathers.

Sam, thanks for your opinion. But if you don't like tomatoes, I'm not going to keep telling you how great they are.

Justinian

So over the last hour or so I've been digging around in the Apocrypha books. Found something interesting in the Book of Enoch. The story summed up goes like this:

Enoch is taken up to the heavens(yes plural) by a couple of angels. 1st level of heaven he sees some angels, yay. Second level of heaven is basically the torture room of God. third level and 4th level just some angels doing angel stuff like growing trees and protecting treasure houses. 5th level of heaven is where Satan and his rebels all hang out. Then he goes through a rapid ascension direct to the top(they kind of lost me here. I think the top is the 10th level? something like that). Basically the top level of heaven is God's face. nothing gets higher than the face of god apparently. But it fits here that these Apocrypha books suggest several levels of heaven and no mention of hell. Only that Satan and his rebels are all hanging out on the 5th level mourning for their brothers being tortured on the 3rd floor. Now I'm really flabberghasted. ooof..

TnWatchdog

This is post #666 for me so I will put it here. The devil is on fire and will be burned to a crisp. He is toast, burned toast and that is all I have to say...a loser! Now I used post #666 effectively!

Samstwitch

I think i'm on the same page with you jdetterline. I'm neither here nor there with religion but those questions always bugged me to... What makes souls so important? Maybe God didn't want to be the "bad guy" anymore and gave Lucifer a promotion to his own department? Maybe there isn't either side? Maybe this is all chance?

The reason I suggested reading the Bible is because this is not a simple case of Question and Answers.

1) What makes souls so important? As I said, we are God's children. He created us. If you had children, would they not be the most important thing in your life?
2) Maybe God didn't want to be the "bad guy" anymore and gave Lucifer a promotion to his own department? God created Lucifer as the most beautiful and powerful of all angels, but Lucifer decided he wanted to be god himself, so he defied God. God cast down Lucifer and one-third of the angels who defied Him. It's that simple. What follows is in the Scriptures.
3) Maybe there isn't either side? Maybe this is all chance? Nothing is by "chance". Everything happens for a reason. This is a battle between good and evil, between God/Jesus and Satan, over the souls of mankind.

For more details, I recommend reading the Bible. The answers are in there.

Samstwitch

So over the last hour or so I've been digging around in the Apocrypha books. Found something interesting in the Book of Enoch. The story summed up goes like this:

Enoch is taken up to the heavens(yes plural) by a couple of angels. 1st level of heaven he sees some angels, yay. Second level of heaven is basically the torture room of God. third level and 4th level just some angels doing angel stuff like growing trees and protecting treasure houses. 5th level of heaven is where Satan and his rebels all hang out. Then he goes through a rapid ascension direct to the top(they kind of lost me here. I think the top is the 10th level? something like that). Basically the top level of heaven is God's face. nothing gets higher than the face of god apparently. But it fits here that these Apocrypha books suggest several levels of heaven and no mention of hell. Only that Satan and his rebels are all hanging out on the 5th level mourning for their brothers being tortured on the 3rd floor. Now I'm really flabberghasted. ooof..

Enoch is shown the spiritual dimensions of Earth, Heaven, and Hell. There are different levels in Heaven and Hell. They are called the levels of heaven. I will go into detail at another time. I must get ready for Christmas now.

Merry Christmas to all!

Loopi

The Bearded One
@Samstwitch
I'm going to not engage in the conversation that was about to start...I respect your believes, and in no way am I trying to influence your beliefs or say you're wrong. I however did not find the answers provided to really have enough evidence to draw a concrete conclusion and satisfy my personal curosity. If you would like to perhaps have a private conversation pertaining to faith and my personal stance on Jesus or God. I'll look forward to your email.

@jdetterline
Apocrypha books are quite interesting, the fact they have questionable value to the church and were deliberately removed/ignored is terrible...and It happened everywhere... Taoism, Buddhism, Judaism, you name it. It’s funny. How looking for answers normally just ends in having more questions. I look forward to any research you may post. If I find anything I'll be sure to do the same! Again. GREAT POST

Justinian

Sam.. I can't wait until after Christmas to hear the explanation on this one.. Cause I started out with questions about Hell.. I think we answered those. And like Loopi says, I've now got more questions as I just found through Enoch and what you just posted, that Hell is actually INSIDE heaven! I think my head just exploded.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
If you wish to ponder the truth of things and would have your mind explode.. try reading the book of Ecclesiastes it's in the old testament and is a fairly short read. only 12 chapt. in it you will learn many things that will cause much doubt on what you believe to be true.

one example is that nothing happens by chance right????
well thats not intirely accurate...in chapt.9 vers. 11, david explains this

Ecc.9-11
I returned and saw under the sun , that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, niether yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happens to them all.

in it you will also learn that.....( there is no new thing under the sun)... tell that to MR. Edison, or the Wright brothers...

many of the things we are taught to be the truth, are not quite as we were told they are...
one example I found to be the most painfull is...
I can not teach people the truth, no one can..... yes they can learn it, but only for there selves, by there selves,, you,me or anyone can try to tell them, but even if we talk ourselves blue in the face, still they must learn it for there self... you can not hurry them along the path... they will walk it at there own pace, and arrive at the time appointed for them...