Hello 2013 (Time Traveler from 2043)

You know, according to Einstein's Relativity, your head is older than your feet!

Not by very much, mind you. On the order of nanoseconds. But you could always even it out by sleeping upside-down like a bat! (And get a very bad headache in the process)

(For those who don't know why this is, it's because your feet are further inside the Earth's gravity well, and thus experience slightly more time dilation, meaning time passes slower for them. This effect is actually big enough in GPS satellites that we have to correct for it or they become extremely innacurate very quickly)

GPS and Relativity
tumblr_mdr7q9n5W91rur0aro1_r1_1280.jpg

Ayasano

You know, according to Einstein's Relativity, your head is older than your feet!

Not by very much, mind you. On the order of nanoseconds. But you could always even it out by sleeping upside-down like a bat! (And get a very bad headache in the process)

(For those who don't know why this is, it's because your feet are further inside the Earth's gravity well, and thus experience slightly more time dilation, meaning time passes slower for them. This effect is actually big enough in GPS satellites that we have to correct for it or they become extremely innacurate very quickly)

GPS and Relativity

Was that a subtle way of calling my joke bad?

GPS and Relativity

Was that a subtle way of calling my joke bad?
tumblr_static_breaking_bad_sundance-710x350.jpg

Not so. Just Heisenberg's infinitely present participle, barium bromide.
Cough, cough.

partridgeG0512_468x537.jpg

Ayasano

Ah, I was interpreting it in the context of it being the Comedian's funeral. Now, though, you've completely lost me. Two elements and a patridge in a pear tree? Is this a christmas song or are you just making fun of me?

Ayasano

For a moment there, I looked at the timestamp of your Watchmen post and thought you'd put it up before he died, but then I realized the news actually broke yesterday and the wonder was shattered. :eek:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ah, I was interpreting it in the context of it being the Comedian's funeral. Now, though, you've completely lost me. Two elements and a patridge in a pear tree? Is this a christmas song or are you just making fun of me?

Well, Alas Babylon had a December bombing.....