Historic Atari Games Unearthed

TnWatchdog

Big Demand For Buried Atari Games, Including So-Called Worst Video Game Ever Made
ap_wire.png

Posted: 06/01/2014 11:05 am EDT Updated: 4 hours ago
Print Article
n-ATARI-NEW-MEXICO-large570.jpg

FILE - In this April 26, 2014 file photo, film Director Zak Penn shows a box of a decades-old Atari 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial' game found in a dumpsite in Alamogordo, N.M., Producers of a documentary dug in an southeastern New Mexico landfill in search of millions of cartridges of the Atari 'E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial' game that has been called the worst game in the history of video gaming and were buried there in 1983. Officials in Alamogordo, are working on a plan under which film companie | ASSOCIATED PRESS

You know when you dig up the trash of primitive cultures it tells their life story. This dig reveals a find of ancient video games, which tells the story of the primitive culture that used them.

ALAMOGORDO, N.M. (AP) — Officials in southeastern New Mexico began work on a plan this week to divide a cache of Atari video games dug up from an old landfill last month.
Joe Lewandowski, a consultant for the film companies that documented the dig, issued a draft of a distribution plan to Alamogordo city officials on Tuesday.
Lewandowski said that some of the games should be given to the filmmakers, museums and the public, the Alamogordo Daily News reported (City still deciding what to do with Atari Games - Alamogordo Daily News).
"They're considered to have value because they're part of the legend," Lewandowski told The Associated Press on Friday. "It's a piece of history."

Link to full story Big Demand For Worst Video Game Ever Made

TnWatchdog

I would say that one sucks...I think I would let myself get killed so I could end the game quickly and avoid the pain caused by these poor graphics.. Today's players have it made compared to these primitive games. I had an Atari game, I think it was called Stampede or something like that...what a joke that one was.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Can't believe they're actually finding game cartridges. I'm wondering if they're gonna find as much of them as the legend says!

Okabe

it was suppose to be in the thousands. Truck loads.

I would love to have one of the copies just to keep it for posterity's sake~ It would look cool in my glass case~

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
now they just need to round up all the copies of superman 64 and bury them too~

Oh god that was a horrible game... I remember taking it back to Blockbuster the very next day and shoving it through the little return slot as hard as I could.

Okabe

Returned it like a Boss~ lol That's awesome~

Oh man..going to blockbuster for games. That seems like forever ago.