Holy Grail

luke11685

The Holy Grail (French: Saint Graal, Breton: Graal Santel, Welsh: Greal Sanctaidd, Cornish: Gral) is a treasure that serves as an important motif in Arthurian literature. Various traditions describe the Holy Grail as a cup, dish, or stone with miraculous healing powers, sometimes providing eternal youth or sustenance in infinite abundance, often guarded in the custody of the Fisher King and located in the hidden Grail castle. By analogy, any elusive object or goal of great significance may be perceived as a "holy grail" by those seeking such.
A mysterious "grail" (Old French: graal or greal), wondrous but not unequivocally holy, first appears in Perceval, the Story of the Grail, an unfinished chivalric romance written by Chrétien de Troyes around 1190. Chrétien's story inspired many continuations, translators and interpreters in the later-12th and early-13th centuries, including Wolfram von Eschenbach, who portrayed the Grail as a stone in Parzival. The Christian, Celtic or possibly other origins of the Arthurian grail trope are uncertain and have been debated among literary scholars and historians.

In the late 12th century, Robert de Boron in Joseph d'Arimathie [fr] portrayed the Grail as Jesus's vessel from the Last Supper, which Joseph of Arimathea used to catch Christ's blood at the crucifixion. Thereafter, the Holy Grail became interwoven with the legend of the Holy Chalice, the Last Supper cup, an idea continued in works such as the Lancelot-Grail cycle, and subsequently the 15th-century Le Morte d'Arthur. In this form, it is now a popular theme in modern culture, and has become the subject of folklore studies, pseudohistorical writings, works of fiction, and conspiracy theories.

Parazite1986

I bet it would be a secret that no one really knows. I got a chalice from the goodwill store but it’s not the holy grail from the legends. I wonder if both the Holy Grail and the other legendary objects were actually held in secret by the US government or Vatican after World War II

Mayhem

Zenith
I bet it would be a secret that no one really knows. I got a chalice from the goodwill store but it’s not the holy grail from the legends. I wonder if both the Holy Grail and the other legendary objects were actually held in secret by the US government or Vatican after World War II
Oh they would be under lock and key as well as the so called ARK.

I would hazard a guess most of this is metaphysical in nature.

Wind7

Staff

I would hazard a guess that the Vatican's cellars are full of legendary secrets.