Hurricane Irma

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I was debating about whether or not to post this because I may get a lot of people questioning my decisions, but this is a historic moment that should be documented. I will also be posting this on Curious Cosmos.

The hurricane has just started to head north. We really don't know if it is going to hit land or not and it could still move west. It's a huge storm, though, so we will have nasty weather regardless.

I was going to evacuate on Friday, but at the time, it was moving East, so we canceled our hotel.
Then, as soon as the next day, there was a fuel shortage and crammed highways, so it was too late to leave. Fortunately, I studied all the government Fema maps. I am not in an evacuation zone nor am I in a flood zone. Wind, tornadoes, and no power are the enemies. There is already a tornado in Manatee county. We are in Hillsborough.

We don't even have boards on our windows. By the time we decided we would do it, the stores were out of wood.

We have an interior closet cleaned out to hunker down in if the wind gets bad. I will put the cats in their carriers and bring them in with us. We have a gas stove to cook if we lose power. We stocked up on dry goods and water.

I will try to stay active here and on twitter @microsingular But if we lose power, I will limit my cell phone use to conserve battery for an emergency call (if the cell towers even work).

I'll post some pictures here, too, to have this documented.

Please keep me in your prayers. I love you all. 1.gif 2.gif 3.gif

Paula

The Fifth

It'll dissipate once it reaches the land. Not all destructive agents are universal. You will feel tho' some effects of the storm but not as severe as Florida or Cuba. Some said this might be a DARPA weather manipulation testing but i doubt. Stay safe Paula ! :coffee:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The eye could go through my town or right by it. Hopefully, it will be a lot less strong once it hits land.

It's getting windy now and we've had light rain all day. The best thing we can do is act calm and just hang out so the kids and the cats aren't scared. They say it will get really bad at 8pm tonight. I think I'll have the kids sleep in my closet, if they can sleep at all.

Right now it's a category 3 with 120mph winds.

Here's a live update: