I Am Traveling Through Alternate Universes

denbo88

Re: I Am Traveling Through Alternate Universes

I'm very happy to find these comments on traveling thru parallel worlds. I started to keep a journal years ago of just these types of experiences and it has remained an enigma to me. I have always been told its just a faulty memory, but I am known for my excellent memory by family and good friends who know me well. I thought I would relate a story or two of my own.

Years ago, my girlfriend at the time, her cousin and fiance went to Great Adventure in NJ. On the way down the NJ Turnpike, my girlfriend mentioned under her breath to keep an eye out for the restrooms when we got there. I said OK. When we got there, I paid for parking and headed for the parking lot. I noticed the restrooms on the right and pointed them out to her. She turned to me and said, "why are you telling me about the restrooms!" I reminded her that she had asked me to look for the restrooms when we arrived. She said, "I did NOT! Where do you get this stuff from!" I was embarassed and confused but never forgot that incident from 1985. In retrospect, she implied that this type of incident had happened before.

A second story involves a passenger on a bus to Atlantic City. I used to drive a bus and pulled up to a stop in Union, NJ to load passengers. I noticed a passenger with a wheelchair as I pulled up. She let others board before she got on. She was with a man, possibly her husband or son who was just there to drop her off and see that she got on the bus. She boarded, handed me her ticket and mentioned, "I have a wheelchair", so I could put it underneath the bus. I clearly heard her and I nodded OK. After she passed by me, I got out of the seat to get the wheelchair. I stepped outside but it was not there! I turned to the man who was walking back to his car, but saw that he did not have it and no one on the sidewalk was walking away with it. I jumped back in the bus and asked the lady, "Didn't you say you had a wheelchair?" She looked puzzled and said, "I DON'T have a wheelchair". I looked at the passengers for confirmation of what she had said before but no one spoke up, so I left.

I'll include one more story. This was the one that finally made me try to find similar stories on the web and I found this forum.
Years ago (1978?), a friend of the family showed us travel photos from many years ago when the used to do a lot of traveling. I remember a few and mentioned to my mother recently that "Harriet" had been to Egypt and that I remembered a photo of her on a camel with a pyramid in the backround. A few weeks later she mentioned that she spoke to Harriet about this and she said that she had never been to Egypt but had always wanted to go!

I have been a firm believer that some of us are traveling LATERALLY through parallel worlds as we travel into the future. I believe it is much more common than traveling in time. We are occupying another world in the present timeline, snaking our way from one to the other. This would explain the slight/mundane inconsistencies in the realities some of us find in our day to day lives. I have no convictions about what triggers this, but I believe it is seamless and undetectable. A person who is compelled to travel a lot is called a "wanderlust". Perhaps there is a form of wanderlust that can also compel some of us to keep traveling thru parallel worlds. (If it was actually traveling thru time we could call it a "when-der-lust").
I have often wondered if there are symptoms or personality traits that are part of people who travel laterally thru parallel worlds. I suspect that some form of instability, either in personal/professional relationships, is present to some extent in their lives. The person may be unable to maintain long-term relationships with girlfriends, boyfriends, several divorces, losing jobs, etc. due to the changing realities. People would tend to come in and out of their lives much more frequently than people who do not switch realities or too often. They would not know stability and their lives would always be in a state of flux. There may also be degrees of instability, cause unknown.
These are just some of my thoughts.

Denbo

Zoomerz

<---sigh---> I always get left outta the good stuff! My world is fairly logical and ordered. I never feel anything out of the ordinary. Still trying to figure out if god exists, let alone multiple realities....Rock on!

Z-

denbo88

Zoom Zoom, no matter what our experience, we will always wonder what we were missing if we had taken the other road. Some journeys are chosen by us, some are chosen for us. Accept the path you are on as the path you were meant to be on. It was meant just for you.
But there are secrets to be found along the way there too. I never forgot what George Washington Carver said once, "Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough". That goes for the nature of reality, or even the Creator of Reality. Without love, we can do nothing.

zardoz

Ok, I'll pass on another one just to keep this thread going :) Funny how these things happen all the time but when you try and think of one they slip away like wet soap. Anyway:

A few years back I had a problem with my legs and spent a lot of time going to my doctor, like 3 times a week. My local doctor was Dr Aggarwal, an Pakistani guy in his late 50s. I found him a bit unhelpful so a year later when I need to go back to my doctors I hoped there would be a visiting doctor I could see (sometimes happens) but no, they said "Dr Aggarwal is your doctor " and I didnt want to say right there in teh reception .. "but I dont him!" . SO in I went

But Dr Agarwal was a different man, this one was friendly and nice, non bald, obviously still Pakistani but about 10 years younger. I was baffled and it probably showed to him ! I could only imagine that he was related in some way to the other grumpy and bald Aggarwal and his relative had got him the job on his retirement /leaving / whatever.

These 2 guys could not be confused with each other at about 100 feet, the original was dumpy with a furrowed brow, quite bald head & comb over, smelt of nicotine and refused to get out of his chair. The second was taller and slim with slight receding hairline pattern, healthy looking, cheerful with a relaxed attitude.

I went out into the reception and as I needed to book another apointment I asked the reception - "so is the new Dr Aggarwal related to the old one then?" Casual as possible. They looked at me like I was mad, I had to repeat the question a couple of times before they told me. Dr Aggarwal has been with this surgery for 20 years. The reception staff were familiar with me going in to see 'him' 3 times weekly (for my knees) and re-booking for 6 months, so I dont know what they thought!

it remained the new improved Aggarwal, although he has now left.

It may be worth noting that the city I live in does not have a particulary high asian / Indian / Pakistani population. In fact it has always been noticably lower than other UK cities.

Dimension sliding appears to be precisely this interesting.

Sorry no robot overlords so far :)

thenumbersix

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
<---sigh---> I always get left outta the good stuff! My world is fairly logical and ordered. I never feel anything out of the ordinary. Still trying to figure out if god exists, let alone multiple realities....Rock on!

Z-[/b]

Sounds 'corny' but it genuinely takes a leap of faith, in the past few years I have gained a lot more respect for what I used to label 'religious types'

Let me explain, I have spent the best part of the last 15 years trying to learn about and understand the Universe we live in. Inevitably I got to the point of having read most of the available material on Physics and Quantum Mechanics etc. and coming to the conclusion that there is no definite answer for us, none of our best scientists can proove or deny, well just about anything anymore, we are barely scraping the surface on what our reality actually is !

This has to lead to an acceptance of some sorts that we just don't know, what is left after that ? Two choices - Despondancy, because the answers are no longer being fed to us through literature and questioning our peers, or Faith. A faith in our own personal view of 'everything', couple this with openness and an ability to observe and accept, then work our obserations into our own theories.

These experiences won't be apparent until you're 'ready' to see them, in other words to recognise them for what you perceive them to be, nobody can tell us what is real and what is not. Knowledge and un-biased observation is the key here..

Ignore anybody that says 'this or that can't happen, it's impossible', they can't prove it's non-existence any more than our best brains can prove that we actually exist !

At least if we are open to new ideas and able to include them into our knowledge, rather than blindly dismissing everything that is not explainable with a single thought or query, then we will learn something, however small.. Big ideas are built on the foundation of many small discoveries.

Generally - Stay open minded and all will be well, eventually, maybe....:p

zardoz

Much of the modern work of scientists overlaps with what a layperson might deem religeous or cranky.
EG: the "Many worlds interpretation " of the EPR paradox and Bells theorem, many worlds was proposed by Hugh Everett in 1957 and has held as a possible solution by many physicists since that time. http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/qm-manyworlds/

David Bohm was possibly heading in the right direction (although he disagreed MW of course). Read the Implicate Order, or for an overview of David Bohms thoughts (among others) "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot.David Bohm is highly respected in the physics world even by those who disagree strongly with his theories.

\"[Meditation] is particularly important because ... the illusion that ? ? ? ? the self and the world are broken into fragments originates in the kind of ? ? ? ? thought that goes beyond its proper measure and confuses its own product with ? ? ? ? the same independent reality. To end this illusion requires insight, not only ? ? ? ? into the world as a whole, but also into how the instrument of thought is ? ? ? ? working.\" -- Bohm , implicate order - pg. 25.

AntiSocial

That type of **** happens to me all the time. I could have sworn that Stephen King had died, then I hear he lived but was in a coma, now I hear he is fine; I just guessed that it was my imagination playing tricks on me.

TimeLooped

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"AntiSocial\")</div>
That type of **** happens to me all the time. I could have sworn that Stephen King had died, then I hear he lived but was in a coma, now I hear he is fine; I just guessed that it was my imagination playing tricks on me.[/b]

I remember when Stephen King got hit by a truck while he was reading and walking, my immediate thought was \"Why was he reading and walking at the same time, doesnt he know its dangerous? he dies from this\" and being totally perplexed when the news reported that he survived and was in rehab to get better. :huh:

Kreeper

This is about the fourth time that I have read this thread a week ago, and there were only a few responses. Now, after a fellow member posted a link on another thread, there are two pages... /:)

I was thinking about the post about the possible connections we all might have. My own feeling is that it would be an odd connection. Unless, of course, or possibly in connection with, the supposed experiments at Montauk. I told in another thread about a supposed TTer that claimed that the government had been successful in the experiments (Success by accident or design, I can't say.) and that they had caused problems which had to be "fixed". These problems were the cause. I also remember him saying that we may be having these occurrances because we were originally from one of the other timelines and we had been "displaced". Well, ok. Anything is possible I guess. I don't have a better explanation.

I have afew thoughts I would like to share. These aren't concrete and I am open to suggestions. They are just thoughts I have been tossing around.

Time travel. That's a deep subject. Can we go forward and backward or just side to side? My thoughts right now are both, but with limits. Then again, considering the subject and all of our experiences, the limits may be self imposed. As I see it, we are in our own universe. We are also surrounded by many other, perhaps even infinite, universes that are very similar to ours but different. These universes run parallel to each other but because of their "fluid" nature, they move in waves. At times, these waves touch or cross each other. This is when we cross. For some reason either we are the only people that cross or we are the only ones that can tell. It could even be possible that the timelines were not supposed to wave and that it was caused by the Montauk crowd. This could lead to other unforseen consequences. For instance, what happens if the timeline movements grow progressively worse and get out of control? Will we all start running around acting like Robin Williams on crank? Will most of the inhabitants go insane because of the unexplained goings on? (I say most because some of us already know what's happening...

I guess we should list anything we can think of that might make us different than the unaware. I can start. The thing that comes to mind first is that I have a reverse polarity. I can't even wear battery operated watches. Regardless of the quality, they only last a few days before they die. This is the one I feel has the greatest potential as a cause. (I also think this is the reason I have had so many EXTREEMLY close calls with lightning. My grandfather has been struck three times. And no, I don't play golf.lol) I am ambidextrous. I have a well above average IQ. (Though I don't always act like it. :))) I lived in Albuquerque for a few years as a child. I also lived, and was born in Key West, Florida (There are Naval bases in both places and my father was in.) I have always had a bit of psychic ability. I smoke a little cannabis each day. I am 39yo. I have only had three cavities in my life and had naturally straight teeth. I have ADD. (HAHAHAHA!! I just noticed this sounds like an interview from a dating service!!! :)) "I love long walks on the beach. I love puppies... HAHAHAHA!!! ) I broke my humerus (I STILL don't get what's so damn funny about it.) clean through that healed completely in less than two weeks. (I had a bicycle accident while in a half cast and landed directly on my arm. The healed bone was discovered when they x-rayed my arm again. The room filled with doctors and students clammering to see the x-rays.) I always heal quickly (I attribute the healing to my energy also.). My weight to mass ratio seems off. I weigh much more than it looks. Like 40-50 pounds more. I have twin sons and one of them is the same way. They wear the same size clothes and weigh within a couple of pounds of each other yet one of them feels as light as he is (45 pounds.) and the other (49 pounds) feels like he weighs twice as much. The odd thing is that a few years ago i wore the same size clothes but weighed closer to what I should.

Ok, it seems I'm rambling again. I don't know what, if any, difference any of these characteristics make. It may even be a combination of influences we are looking for. Obviously, that would make the hunt more difficult. What ever the cause, we can't find it unless we search.

Before I go, here are a few more questions for you (As if we don't already have enough.) Do you think the alternate versions of us are aware of what is happening? Did we push them into another universe or just switch places with them? What about the people that go to a timeline where their "twin" has already died? If there is no one to "refill" their body, do they die or go insane perhaps? Oops, there I go again. Sorry.

Enjoy the hunt!