I'm new

OutOfTime

Greetings! I'm new here and thought I would say hello to everyone here. I found this place while searching for time travel stuff. I recently read a blog or something on the Mandela Effect and realized I'm one of the many who remembered him dying in prison in the 80's. Anyway, the blog bothered me. Truth is, I feel like from about 2014 or so, I was thrust to this timeline. It's not where I'm supposed to be. I know it sounds strange, but I'm hoping there are others out there who understand.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to digging deeper.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Hey there, welcome to the site!! :)

lamdo263

Greetings! I'm new here and thought I would say hello to everyone here. I found this place while searching for time travel stuff. I recently read a blog or something on the Mandela Effect and realized I'm one of the many who remembered him dying in prison in the 80's. Anyway, the blog bothered me. Truth is, I feel like from about 2014 or so, I was thrust to this timeline. It's not where I'm supposed to be. I know it sounds strange, but I'm hoping there are others out there who understand.

All I know is that it possibly had to do with the Montauk Time Travel Experiments. There was a security breach there and instead of keeping everything secret there, everything was broadcast from Montauk.

Secondly, because of what they were doing there, there was segmented time difference zones that were established. This caused the content of the truth as this relayed to the content of each time zone, to differ in content in what was contained in the next similar but not the same time zone next to it. This could have been the reason for the Mandella Effect.

In the book The Montauk Experiment, it was no secret that they were trying to broadcast mind conditioning into the local populace and animals within the town of Montauk. One of the achievements as illustrated in the book, was a controlled side by side wild animal parade down the center main street of the town, much to the amazement of the befuddled citizenry. This was, the locals observing this pairing of wild animals, that usually don't have anything to regularly have anything to do with one another.

Mayhem

Zenith
[00:09:04]
''Just to be clear, there's no evidence that confirms Nichols stories, and we can assume that the government denies all his claims. Even Peter Moon, who helped Nichols write his book, said that you can take his book as fact or as science fiction.''

Either way.

Realmadmanmarcum

Welcome, OutOfTime.

steven chiverton

the Mandela effect yes it is a strange one, what you perceive in life if it suddenly changes then maybe your alternate self on a paralleled universe has swapped perception, so mandala dies here but is still alive in the other reality so mandela dies in the 80s but in a parralleld universe he is still alive in the 80s so think about it

OutOfTime

Thanks everyone for your responses! "An experiment that got out of control" is as good an explanation as any. I'm not suggesting that I am a time traveller, only that I feel my life has somehow been affected by some ripple in time. It makes me feel crazy sometimes (I'm not, I promise!) .

I woke up from a pretty strange dream one night and wrote the following journal entry: "Trying to reconcile this world with what I think it should be. I'm on an alternate timeline. This one isn't right. Nothing feels right. I need to bounce to a different one. This timeline is going to self-destruct. It is flawed and will not prevail."

Anyone have thoughts on alternate timelines? If time travel is possible, doesn't it follow that alternate timelines are too?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Thanks everyone for your responses! "An experiment that got out of control" is as good an explanation as any. I'm not suggesting that I am a time traveller, only that I feel my life has somehow been affected by some ripple in time. It makes me feel crazy sometimes (I'm not, I promise!) .

I woke up from a pretty strange dream one night and wrote the following journal entry: "Trying to reconcile this world with what I think it should be. I'm on an alternate timeline. This one isn't right. Nothing feels right. I need to bounce to a different one. This timeline is going to self-destruct. It is flawed and will not prevail."

Anyone have thoughts on alternate timelines? If time travel is possible, doesn't it follow that alternate timelines are too?

In my opinion we all have a built in natural ability to traverse many timelines just based on the decisions we make. Just try exchanging memories with someone you haven't seen in a long time. You might be surprised that the other person doesn't quite have the same memories that you have of the past. This is a universal phenomena by the way.

OutOfTime

the Mandela effect yes it is a strange one, what you perceive in life if it suddenly changes then maybe your alternate self on a paralleled universe has swapped perception, so mandala dies here but is still alive in the other reality so mandela dies in the 80s but in a parralleld universe he is still alive in the 80s so think about it
This effect actually helps me believe in time travel. The way I see it, someone travelled, they mucked around with some stuff when they shouldn't have and caused ripples; some people - whether randomly or gifted or otherwise - are able to perceive the changes but pass them off as this weird phenomenon. But like the 'glitch in the Matrix', it makes you wonder what else they screwed up. I believe in time travel because I feel I see the effects of time travel in our world. There must be some kind of rules around how a traveler interacts with the time periods they visit?! Maybe something like Star Trek's "Prime Directive"?!