Debate Is an LD and an OBE one in the same thing?

Is having a lucid dream and having an out of body experience the same thing?

• They're different

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • They're the same thing, they're both lucid dreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They're the same thing they're both out of body experiences

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don't know enough about it to judge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pegii

So I've been this awesome medication Zopiclone. I woke up in the small hours and eventually dragged my carcass out of bed and took another dose. With this stroke of luck I fell asleep and had a lucid dream. I've found out my trigger is drinking a glass of water in my dream and saying 'when I drink this I will become lucid'. Then I immediately become lucid. Well, semi lucid. At first my whole body began to vibrate and I felt myself rising. Then I had a lucid dream. It involved dark and positive things, the most positive was visiting and kissing my ex. I say it's semi lucid because I found things hard to control and I completely forgot my mission of time travel. :oops:
Anyway after forcing myself to wake up I thought to myself; 'was that an OBE or a LD?'

Dragonchaser

I would define the two as such :
LD -Lucid dream as the name suggest you are dreaming in other words not conscious but subconscious

OBE - Out of body experience Predominately practiced while conscious but in deep meditation .

Thoth93

Two very different things LD is an inward communication with your subconscious where astral travel is inward communication with the collective subconscious of all living consciousness.
Your mind has been conditioned at birth to percieve existence in a certain way and that is through sensory input from the five senses. Your subconscious communicates with symbols and creates the dream world to mirror the existence you can grasp and understand. The same thing happens on the astral plane. The information is translated by the part of the brain that experience reality, this turns thoughts and concepts into visual representations that we can make sense of.
The same thing is happening during OBE floating over your body in the dentist's chair watching your root canal happen.
You know you are not seeing that dental procedure with your eyes because they are closed and still in your head back in your body. So how is it you can see the world in such vivid detail? It's because your mind is receiving the information from the quantum field matrix and translating the information. Your mental existence is not in any location but you can't grasp that so you need a unique point of view with limitations and the mind creates the "astral body" as a means of understanding an existence without the 3 dimensions of space or linear time or beginning end paradigm. All possible pasts present future existing all at once. Infinite infinities, and total void, chaos is the only thing that makes sense. So the whole astral experience is a construct created by your mind to rationalize an otherwise non rational existence.

sliders2

thanks, I've always wondered about that as well. Ive had some very lucid dreams especially while engaged in either soul work or healing,. Basically I pogram or submit my request to my higher mind and spirit guides/archetypes. It works almost every time. As for out of body... It has happend on several occations durring meditation. its more of a random thing as I have never consciously asked for it. Question, what is it that causes your body to feel as though it has suddenly dropped so hard while you are asleep, so that it actually wakes you up?