Debate Is physical time travel realistically possible?

Kamehameha

I personally do not believe time travel itself nor the idea of an object / human being transferred through time is possible, but I'm curious to see other viewpoints on this.
So, to anyone who reads this thread:
If you do believe time travel is possible;
By what methods could you hope to achieve time travel?

As I have stated there I don't believe time travel is possible due to a variety of reasons, the main being that it's completely absurd. The idea of someone going back or forward in time just seems completely impossible to me.

So yeah, do you think time travel is possible? (This question is probably stupid due to the fact that I'm typing this on a time travel forum.)

arvin

Yup. Possible. But too bad, I can't explain how it works, I'm not good in explaining physics in forums. Some members here can. Just wait for hours or days, I'm sure they'll notice your post :D

Kamehameha

Yup. Possible. But too bad, I can't explain how it works, I'm not good in explaining physics in forums. Some members here can. Just wait for hours or days, I'm sure they'll notice your post :D
Is this forum very active?
I tried signing up for the other time travel forums at timetravelinstitute but whenever it says sending a verification e-mail the page always times out.

Sam Slagg

I personally do not believe time travel itself nor the idea of an object / human being transferred through time is possible, but I'm curious to see other viewpoints on this.
So, to anyone who reads this thread:
If you do believe time travel is possible;
By what methods could you hope to achieve time travel?

As I have stated there I don't believe time travel is possible due to a variety of reasons, the main being that it's completely absurd. The idea of someone going back or forward in time just seems completely impossible to me.

So yeah, do you think time travel is possible? (This question is probably stupid due to the fact that I'm typing this on a time travel forum.)
The main reason you don't think it is possible is because...it's completely absurd. Just out of curiosity...pure...morbid...curiosity...what do you base this opinion on? :cautious:
You'll have to do better around here. We still have people who believe the "John Titor" hoax :D