Is this a ghost or what?

Shapeshifter

Okay, so the other night I had just gotten in bed, had not fallen asleep yet (usually takes me awhile), and I felt a very distinct sensation of a finger touching me lightly on the back, actually it stroked my back and sent chills all through me and I sort jumped and was shocked by it.

There was no one there (not visibly) and nobody else in my home, just me and my cat who was lying at the bottom of the bed by my feet. Oddly I did not feel frightened, just startled and it felt pretty cool.

I don't know how to describe this, but it felt loving. It felt exactly as it would if I had had a lover in my bed just reaching over to caress me and sort of just say 'hey I am here.' I guess that's why I didn't feel scared. And I didn't necessarily think 'ghost,' more like somehow connecting with someone maybe far away or in another dimension and somehow they just kind of got through the 'veil, barrier' whatever to me in that instant, either accidentally (say it's someone thinking of me and I really could FEEL it like that, the way we can get in each other's thoughts and dreams) or intentionally.

It was just the strangest (but also really cool) feeling. Anyone else have this happen???

Mr.Spiridakos

Well no, nothing similar has ever happened to me but i remember my cousin once told me that when she was a kid one night she was ready to fall asleep and she felt someone slapping her face. Ofcourse noone else was in the room with her at the time. I don't know if you can relate this to what happened to you but did this happen again since you posted this? It sounds interesting...