Isles of Langerhans

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm posting this for @Phoenix:

This post is in regards to an alleged time traveler long gone and forgotten from the pre 2004 timetimetravelforum.tk. He did not have any nifty science formulas, or pictures, or prophecy of war and desolation. He actually claimed to not know or understand how he wound up where he was.
He roomed at a church. And this piece of information was used to "disprove" him. Supposedly there was no church where he claimed to be. Though I don't know if anyone fact checked this debunking claim. He had long since stopped posting when this debunking theory was put forward. He claimed to be a gym teacher and all the children were overweight from his time. He said in his time they had the cure of diabetes. And it is this cure as to why I post this thread. It was an operation in which the isles of langerhans were replaced by those of a donor. This is a reasonable hypothesis to cure type two diabetes. I post this not to endorse a long gone time traveler that no one remembers. I post this
in case this operation really does cure diabetes maybe someone who is in a position to look for the cure will see this and make it a reality. He didn't make this his main point. His main point was trying to figure out how what happened to him happened. He didn't get much help. And people weren't very interested in him as his message wasn't all that juicy. He mainly talked about health standards.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I will check to see if I have any information about him. I also need a diabetes cure.

Professor Opmmur

titorite

A rife machine will help with Diabetes. Other stuff that will help is a raw food diet , ozonated water , proper exercise.

RHYS

Though not fully understood, gastric bypass surgery reverses diabetes instantly. As in, the second a patient is off the table. Not everyone w/type II is obese, nor a candidate for such drastic measures. Yes, diet & exercise are key, often resulting in decreased need for oral meds. I don't know why so many ppl hope for a "cure" for type II diabetes when it can/has been reversed by doing the above. Type II adult-onset should avoid becoming insulin dependent at all costs for this to work. Too many ppl become lazy w/this disease, expecting meds to allow them to keep scarfing carbs. Unlike many diseases, diabetes actually takes hard work in order to overcome.

titorite

Though not fully understood, gastric bypass surgery reverses diabetes instantly. As in, the second a patient is off the table. Not everyone w/type II is obese, nor a candidate for such drastic measures. Yes, diet & exercise are key, often resulting in decreased need for oral meds. I don't know why so many ppl hope for a "cure" for type II diabetes when it can/has been reversed by doing the above. Type II adult-onset should avoid becoming insulin dependent at all costs for this to work. Too many ppl become lazy w/this disease, expecting meds to allow them to keep scarfing carbs. Unlike many diseases, diabetes actually takes hard work in order to overcome.

One draw back to gastric bypass is the definitive risks. The increase in H.plyori and the stomach cancer risks associated with the bypass procedure are pretty high. I've helped a bypass person in my past, thats where I get my information from.