John Titor Research Updates!

Mudpuppy

Re: John Titor Is A Hoax Exclusive Report

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
Well I read somewhere (possibly in this thread) that Haber and Williams were both affiliated with Celebration, FL. [/b]

You might be talking about this:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Mudpuppy\")</div>
\"Representing John Titor's supposed family is Larry Haber, a pricey entertainment lawyer based in Celebration, Florida. Also the location of the headquarters of the John Titor Foundation, Celebration is a master-planned community on Disney-owned real estate outside Orlando. Haber, one of Celebration's first residents, has been a Disney attorney. Some suspect that Haber or his teenage son may have originally propagated the hoax as a merchandising scheme or as a way to bring traffic to TimeTravelInstitute.com, where Titor's first postings appeared. Interestingly, the Web site originally had the same bulletin board administrator as the town of Celebration. Oliver Williams (the current editor of JohnTitor.com and compiler of our accompanying interview) is also suspected of being the supposed time traveler, using the John Titor Foundation as a cover.\"[/b]

The above says that TTI had the same bulletin board administrator as the town of Celebration. That administrator is not Oliver. He is currently the editor of JohnTitor.com and does the interviews on the Art Bell show.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sinister\")</div>
However, I didn't really consider the fact that just occured to me. Haber very easilly could be a family friend or something to these people, hired because he knew the law generally.[/b]

I had never thought of that either. It is certainly another possibility. This is a perfect example of the benefits of posting your research....even if it turns out not to be the missing piece.....many others will read and perhaps be able to give you perspectives and possibilities never thought of before. In all the material I've read, I don't think any one has ever suggested Haber as a "family friend". Good catch/possibility Sinister.:)

Mudpuppy

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"pauli\")</div>
I think it is unusual that the last name Titor (not that it is a last name or anything) is not found anywhere else on the web. How strange! :eyebrow:[/b]

Hi Pauli,
I just wanted to clarified what I posted before. Titor's name is all over the web.....it's just not in databases online where people pay to do research.

Neither Virtual's different databases and the one I'm using (or anyone else for that matter) has ever been able to pulled this name up anywhere.[/b]

Net Detective uses legal records.....much like Ancestry.com. Intellius pools names from much larger sources....legal and non-legal...i.e. if you were to create an account on the internet and when asked your billing address, you gave a fictious one, that information would go into a database, eventually sold...and end up in Intellius. I think that is how Virtual's original find came about. Once your name gets sold to the database, I wouldn't think you could go in and remove it. I think that Titor is still in Intellius database. I think the connection that was there and then missing was the link to the Wired magazine article. Is that right Virtual?

Keroscene

I found this page with a persons name connected to John Titor I've not seen before.

Annabelle Leeson
PO Box 576
Philomath, Oregon 97370
United States

Here is the link I found this at. Thought it might be interesting in this thread. This does not support any convictions I have in regards to John Titor.

http://aberwiki.org/Timetravel_Hoax

virtualgirl

That would be correct Mudp. I can't find that article now.

Sinister, Great work!

Hi Pauli,
I just wanted to clarified what I posted before. Titor's name is all over the web.....it's just not in databases online where people pay to do research.

Net Detective uses legal records.....much like Ancestry.com. Intellius pools names from much larger sources....legal and non-legal...i.e. if you were to create an account on the internet and when asked your billing address, you gave a fictious one, that information would go into a database, eventually sold...and end up in Intellius. I think that is how Virtual's original find came about. Once your name gets sold to the database, I wouldn't think you could go in and remove it. I think that Titor is still in Intellius database. I think the connection that was there and then missing was the link to the Wired magazine article. Is that right Virtual?[/b]

virtualgirl

Wow Keroscene, I haven't seen this before. I'll research it. I can already tell you about part of it. I don't know anything about the time travel institute but I know who owns strategic brains. That would be owned by Karl. I'll have to ask him about it. I think I know one of the IP's but I'm not positive. I'll have to look through my stuff. This is a great find Keroscene. Keep up all the good work! See, I told you, if we all work at it, the possibilities are endless. Just think if our site was the one to solve the riddle. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Keroscene\")</div>
I found this page with a persons name connected to John Titor I've not seen before.

Annabelle Leeson
PO Box 576
Philomath, Oregon 97370
United States

Here is the link I found this at. Thought it might be interesting in this thread. This does not support any convictions I have in regards to John Titor.

http://aberwiki.org/Timetravel_Hoax[/b]

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: John Titor Update: Exclusive Report!

Since this discussion has kind of evolved into something a little different from how it started, I'm changing the threat title to John Titor Update: Exclusive Report!
:D

Mudpuppy

Thanks Heggy and thanks to all who have helped shaped this thread to reflect the new title along with the important messages that John Titor gave us.:)

Apogee

The change of thread title is fair enough I suppose...

Crikey!

I do genuinely have to take my hat off to the pro-Titor camp. The previous postings illustrate, wonderfully, the fact that his story - cleverly placed in the 'not immediately provable or unprovable' camp - can be attacked or defended with great feats of logic and reason and still wind up in the arena of the 'yet to be decided' file.

My one real worry is that we may get to the end of 2005 - the frightening, slightly unspoken deadline of all that is Titor and (touch many kinds of wood) find his worst predictions quite unfounded and STILL our friendly neighbourhood Titor-faithful will find some Quantum causality multiverse get-out-of-jail reason to explain why that would be the case...

In other words, that he may be proven incontravertably wrong...but there remain a necessity for those who have invested in him to have him proved right neverthless.

Guys and Gals I salute you. But is there no room for Occam's Razor in any of these arguments...?

Is every instance in current affairs that agrees or differs from Titor's claims the result of almost impenetarable laws of physics (that none of us - admit it - really understand, but can only speculate upon) OR... because the claims themselves are crouched in half-truth and innuendo, ( like those of a daily newspaper astrologer writer...: and this itself is not a half-arsed claim - this was my actual first post-college job!), is it all just actually the product of a well-read, opinionated hoaxer who is yanking our chain and who is RIGHT NOW getting off on all the incredible energy poured into their naughty little prank on discussion boards like this?

We can talk science-fiction style speculative physics till we are blue in the face. It won't change the fact that most people in Europe actually feel safer and happier now that the EU constituition has been voted down.
Europe is not America. It is many different countries and many different cultures. Why should we all suddenly become one big hemogenized entity?

Vive Le Differance! I will say it again, Europe is in no worse shape than it was last week.

You want predictions? here's one for ya...

John Titor's claims will prove utterly unfounded by Christmas 2005!

The only difference being...My only time travel claims are that I travel forward in time at the standard speed of sixty seconds a minute....and... I'm more than happy to be identified.

Gary