John's Typewriter

Samstwitch

This is what John Titor said about typewriters.
"Actually, what I said was, You may be surprised at how many people use typewriters. I don't understand the conflict. What's wrong with typewriters? At least you don't have to plug them in."

Smith Corona Typewriter 2.JPG

This week I bought a manual typewriter for this reason. If the power goes out, I don't have to plug it in. :)

Ren

This week I bought a manual typewriter for this reason. If the power goes out, I don't have to plug it in. :)

If you and I should one day work in a top secret facility where time travel is being conducted, we'll use typewriters to keep our communications from being hacked.

Samstwitch

Just make sure to dispose of your ink ribbon properly.

Actually, the ink ribbon is made of fabric soaked in ink and is reusable over and over until the ink runs out. Because it's made of fabric and you can reverse it over and over again for reuse, you don't have to worry about how you dispose of it.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Samstwitch

Yes, I see that article, but to clarify they are talking about"single-strike carbon typewriter ribbon". That ribbon is very different from the ribbon on my typewriter, which is fabric. That's what I was explaining. Here's a quote from the article you linked to.

It may seem a bit archaic, but the Immigration and Customs (ICE) unit of DHS is planning to purchase a piece of forensic equipment, known as a Ribbon Analysis Workstation, which will enable its investigators to capture, download to a computer and print out the contents of single-strike carbon typewriter ribbon.​

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Yes, I see that article, but to clarify they are talking about"single-strike carbon typewriter ribbon". That ribbon is very different from the ribbon on my typewriter, which is fabric. That's what I was explaining. Here's a quote from the article you linked to.

It may seem a bit archaic, but the Immigration and Customs (ICE) unit of DHS is planning to purchase a piece of forensic equipment, known as a Ribbon Analysis Workstation, which will enable its investigators to capture, download to a computer and print out the contents of single-strike carbon typewriter ribbon.​

Why do you still have a typewriter? Weirdo.