July 26th 2010: Return of the Nephilim!?!

StarLord

Re: July 26th 2010: Return of the Nephilim!?!

Au Contraire mon ami. I don't think you lost any brain cells. You be as savy as Jack Sparrow ever was. Now, depends on whether or not a person is the visual type and related the story memory wise to the cover art due to the many times it was picked up in order to survive public transit systems.

You should know this quite readily if you have noticed the changes the Thomas Covenant series went through in the last 20 years.

Harte

Re: July 26th 2010: Return of the Nephilim!?!

Au Contraire mon ami. I don't think you lost any brain cells. You be as savy as Jack Sparrow ever was. Now, depends on whether or not a person is the visual type and related the story memory wise to the cover art due to the many times it was picked up in order to survive public transit systems.
Can't argue with this.

You should know this quite readily if you have noticed the changes the Thomas Covenant series went through in the last 20 years.

I'm not one of those (whom you mentioned above) to associate a book with the cover art.

Remember the editions of "The Lord of the Rings" that was billed as the only authorized paperback edition, with a little blurb from Tolkien stating as much on the back?

That's about the limit of my equating a book with its' cover. And that was because I was impressed by the quote from the author and it caused me to wonder how Tolkein or his heirs lost control of the publishing of that excellent tome.

Harte