Life Forms That Can Live in Space?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We talk about life on other planets... What about life in the void of space?

Are there creatures that can possibly live in outer space? By outer space, I mean space within the solar system, but also space between star systems.

Also, I want to precise that we're talking about life forms living in space. Not only survive in space, but actually live, move and reproduce, for instance in the emptiness of space.

Do we currently know life forms that can do that?

TimeFlipper

Many scientists now believe that all the water we have on earth was brought to us by asteroids...
Taking this a step further, we know there are many life forms in the seas that we know little, or nothing about yet..

Therefore it could be possible that asteroids are still travelling around our universe that contain water along with living creatures, some of which we may even have in our own seas..

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We talk about life on other planets... What about life in the void of space?

Are there creatures that can possibly live in outer space? By outer space, I mean space within the solar system, but also space between star systems.

Also, I want to precise that we're talking about life forms living in space. Not only survive in space, but actually live, move and reproduce, for instance in the emptiness of space.

Do we currently know life forms that can do that?

Yes, actually, some microbes can live in space.

Sea plankton 'found living outside International Space Station'

It makes you wonder if they could evolve into something bigger.