Locals Report Seeing Big Cat in Great Britain Village

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
BEDDGELERT, Wales — Residents of a small village in North Wales believe there is a big cat roaming the area, according to the members of an upcoming radio show to debut on the BBC by the end of May.

30-year-old Rhys Waters, one of the producers of The Unexplainers, told Cryptozoology News that the sightings and animal killings in the Snowdonia region have been reportedly happening for about six years.

“The closest sighting being around 10 feet away,” Waters says about an anonymous family that allegedly saw the “puma”.

Farmers in the area claim hearing unidentified animal calls and strange noises they describe as “guttural purrs” or the sound of a “giant bee”.

“Also, they have found lots of badgers with wounds they believe indicate a big cat kill,” he said.”The night we did a stakeout a lamb was killed by an unknown predator. We are completely shocked that this happened during our stay at the farm.”

None of the residents claiming the sightings have been able to produce a photograph or a video of the purported creature.

However, Waters says, “they have photo evidence of the badger kills and plaster cast of footprints. There are no rabbits on their land at all. The farmer believes this is because the puma has hunted them out of the area”.

Cast of a footprint collected by The Unexplainers crew

Big cats are not endemic to the United Kingdom and are known as “alien” or “phantom” cats. It is believed that wealthy citizens, interested in keeping the felines as pets, might have introduced the animals to the region during the 1960s and 1970s, prior to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 coming into effect.

In 2014, a 19-year-old student photographed an unknown cat-like animal at a field in Gwinear, near Plymouth.

In 2010, talks emerged about reintroducing bears, lynx and wolves into the British country side.

But Waters believes the farmers have no reason to make up these claims.

“No wolves in Snowdonia, as far as we’ve heard. The farmers they are publicity shy and it took me a long time to track them down for the project,” he explains. “Honestly, I can’t see why this wouldn’t be true as they have nothing to benefit from and are happy living side by side with whatever is out there. Their main fear is idiots with guns turning up to shoot it and endangering everyone.”

The Unexplainers, scheduled to run four episodes in four weeks starting May 30, will be hosted by Cardiff native comedian Mike Bubbins and Welsh musician Goldie Lookin Chain, and it appears that, although factual, the show will also be using a touch of humor along the road as an unorthodox way of dealing with the world of the unexplained.

“We will be uploading a video of the evidence soon too,” said Waters, adding that a “BBC subsite” for the show will be created “soon”.

The post Locals Report Seeing Big Cat in Great Britain Village appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
There are lots of Big Cats in the UK and lots of proof if you take the time to look.

There is a Hill called Woodbury not far from my ancestral home, mutilated sheep and horse have been turning up there for years. There is also the more famous 'Beast of Bodmin'.

It all stems back to the 1960s and the passing of the dangerous pets act. Most owners of the more exotic, but now outlawed Tigers, Panthers, Cheetah, etc did not want to hand in their best friends or have them put down so they just drove them into the wilds and released them. Over the years some of these have mated, survived and now flourish.

TnWatchdog

Interesting to read about big cats in the UK and how they got there Snake. I originally thought the story would be about TimeFlipper's cat house he may be running over there. We've got some big 'uns...come on in, I can hear him say. lol

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
We have a natural 'so called' Wild Cat in Scotland that is extremely rare and endangered. It is not much bigger than a domestic cat. Some of our domestic cats on the other hand are Monsters. Without fear of exaggeration some of them are huge. They would fill your table top if they jumped on. However, my two cats, Sable and Percy are lovely bundles of cutie cutie mush mush. But killers both, it never ceases to amaze me, every night either baby birds, frogs, pigeons, mice, shrew, body parts, wings, just carnage really.

Can't speak for timeflippers cattery, despite apparently living down the road, he doesn't return my calls.