Looking for answers about powers I may have had.

Zorrain

Don't want this post to be to big, so here is a simple version of my questions. I want to know if it is possible to read emotions of others, as well as through direct touch, or extremely strong emotions, directly feel someones emotions. I can't do it anymore, and there is a story behind that, but that is unimportant.
I want to know both if it is something that is actually a real power, and if it is if there is a way to control it without having to entirely get rid of it.
I also want to know about the ability to see the future, something I have don't many times years ago, but can no longer do, as this went away the same time my ability to dream did, about 5 years ago.
All of these things could have been my mind, my imagination, and just am wondering if any of this is something that people here believe could happen.

Samstwitch

Don't want this post to be to big, so here is a simple version of my questions. I want to know if it is possible to read emotions of others, as well as through direct touch, or extremely strong emotions, directly feel someones emotions. I can't do it anymore, and there is a story behind that, but that is unimportant.
I want to know both if it is something that is actually a real power, and if it is if there is a way to control it without having to entirely get rid of it.

Yes, this is a real gift and it's called being "Empathic", or being an "Empath". I was very empathic most of my life. During that time, it was very difficult to control the feelings when they came over me. I would say, I could not control it or stop it from coming over me.

DEFINITION OF 'EMPATHIC: the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also : the capacity for this.

I also want to know about the ability to see the future, something I have don't many times years ago, but can no longer do, as this went away the same time my ability to dream did, about 5 years ago.
All of these things could have been my mind, my imagination, and just am wondering if any of this is something that people here believe could happen.

This too is a real gift. I was able to see the future most of my life in many instances and in dreams. I still do it now, but to a much smaller degree. It's just not the same. (I lost a lot of these abilities when my health declined.)

Lord-Reika

I have had similar experiences of reading peoples emotions and feelings this is very real. These emotions of others are so strong it takes over your and make you feel theirs as you own feelings. I could tell so much about a person it was like I was a human lie detector. I can no longer just feel them like that but if I put my self in meditative states I can still use this gift. Not only can I feel out the person I can project my presence to them and remote view. However my most unique gift is I can "tap into" others peoples gifts. For an example if the person has dreams and visions and they are trying to explain what they saw I see in my minds eye what they saw. I also have a habit of catching others thoughts. like they will say one thing yet think another, when i ask them what they said it was not what I thought they said. When I say I thought you said such and such, they replied no but that what they were thinking. Its never intentional I wish I had more control over it. However I think my abilities come from my ancient descendants, the Tuatha De Danann. I found out last year that my family was descendant from the Celtic god Lugh whom was a sun god and described as a shinning one. He was also a master of all arts, not only was he Tuatha De Danann he was also a Fomorian. his grandfather was the Balor of the evil eye, a Fomorian king. I'm not 100% sure but most people i have found with psychic abilities and what not are either Irish, Italian, Hispanic, or descendant of an area that ancient Scythia covered. Irish being probably the strongest of the heritages. The Fomorians are described to be like the Greek titans primordial gods of elements known for their magic. The empathic ability makes you feel as if you your self are have no emotions but only the emotions of those around you. Once I turned off the switch no idea how still i felt a void and now a lot of people view me as being a very cold and emotionless person, when the real aspect is I feel as the others around me. This makes me hate crowds. Depending on the people around it can be a good feeling or one that is of uneasiness or paranoia.

Lord-Reika

I too am an Empath...by I prefer Psy Vamp
i used this term in the past but its not 100% right in my views given time you realize that a vamp needs some sort energy source and with out it u become weak and drained if arnt drained normally it not a psy vamp howerver people can still feed upon energy of others with out being a vamp

Lord-Reika

that is true...but I have mastered mine.
you sound like i did when i was young and naive, no that is an illusion in your mind you will never master it and you will always come a crossed a power more powerful than your self. when you have no fear and can look death in the eyes and not even blink then you can say you mastered it. its a condition that rules you not the other way around it is not able to be mastered controlled yes never mastered. dealing with emotions that are not your own can be overwhelming remember you cant control something that is not yours to control.

Martelis

I am a 'Sensitive' and do this all day every day my entire life. Though for me it is more like reading the demeanor or intention of people. Knowing when they lie but not privy to the truth. In a more scientific sense, it is possible that emotions emit some type of hormone that we as yet have been unable to detect. It would not be strange if we could naturally pick up on this.

Lord-Reika

the type of link we are talking about is not the same as that
imagine this you body is a slave to the emotions of others around you
but you you self don't really have emotions of your own. when u create a link you feel exactly what the other person feels. if they are drunk or high you will feel the affects as well as if u were the one high or drunk. its not just emotional its physical first time it happened to me i had the persons anxiety attack that they were having. trust me its not the same.

Ernistine

You seemed to have a strong sense of empathy. It can be psychic, depending on how powerful it is. Anything is possible if you set your mind to it and believe it, so you can control it and bring it back, but it will take time, patience, and sacrifice.
The ability to see the future is called foresight. Some are better at it then others. Some, (very few) are born with the gift, and others develop it. I don't know how common foresight is.
Anyways, the ability to dream is very important and is very likely one or the other stopped one. Did you see the future in your dreams? Or did you just have "Visions," when you were awake?