Louisiana Giant Bird Responsible for Cow Mutilation, Says Witness

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
MARTHAVILLE, La. — A man who claims to be a witness to another giant bird sighting in the Deep South came forward on Sunday.

Terrill Wilson, a 44-year-old business owner from Alabama, told Cryptozoology News that the event was also witnessed by other members of his family in the woods of Marthaville, Lousiana, in the spring break of 1978.

“Our great uncle Buddy and our grandfather told us that my uncle Buddy was having some of his cattle killed and mutilated by a large bird,” Wilson recalls. “As kids, you know, we were thinking they were just trying to scare us.”

Wilson says that, curious about the story, he, his brothers and cousins ventured into the woods looking for the alleged creature.

“So we went that afternoon through the woods to the back pasture where the cattle were. When we got to the edge of the woods, we could see the herd grazing. A few minutes later, at the back edge of the pasture a very large black, greyish bird came out of the woods and into the pasture.”

The bird, says the man, was about 100 yards away featuring “large wings and a big head” and standing on its legs was about 8 feet tall. The sighting reportedly lasted one minute.

“It and us stood there for a few seconds and then the cattle saw it and got spooked. We didn’t recognize the cattle stampeding at first because we were in awe of what we were seeing. When we finally realized the cattle were stampeding and running towards us into the wood line, we took off running back towards the house,” said Wilson.

According to the Alabaman, the bird then decided to change paths and began flying in the same direction he and the other kids were running.

“Scared wasn’t the word for what I was. Frightened for my life would be more accurate. So we took off through the woods, every man for himself, running for the house. I can not remember where anyone else was, I was just remember booking it through the woods.”

Wilson says that when he was near the house, he noticed the bird’s shadow on the ground. He says that he was so “scared to look up” so he kept “running towards the house”.

“It passed me and kept going. That shadow, honestly and truthfully, was at least 25 to 30 yards wide from tip to tip.”

Finally, says Wilson, when he made it to the porch of the residence, he was the only one there.

“There was no sign of my brothers or our cousin. I did not go back looking for them either. They emerged from the woods minutes later safely screaming and yelling for uncle Buddy to tell him what had happened.”

Thunderbird, also known as Roc, is the nomenclature used by Native Americans to refer to bird-like creatures with reptile features that are believed to be related to the extinct pterosaurs.

In 1890, Arizona newspaper The Tombstone Epitaph reported that two ranchers had allegedly killed a “winged monster” similar to an alligator in the desert between the Whetsone and Huachuca mountains.

In 1998, another Alabama resident allegedly witnessed a similar creature at Martin Lake Reservoir.

Marthaville, located on the western side of Natchitoches Parish, is a small town with just a store and a post office. The community underwent an economic crisis in the 1960s, prompting the closure of the only one bank and hotel present at the time.

The post Louisiana Giant Bird Responsible for Cow Mutilation, Says Witness appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

TnWatchdog

The woods are full of mushrooms and that wacky weed, which may explain the big bird sightings.

Carl Miller

The mentioned mushrooms and wacky weed are probably being used and misused as fuel by some earthling stoned artists in the production of those colorful inspired crop circles.

Last edited: