magic

darkbreed

Re: magic

Wouldnt surprise me if he actually mix traditional stage magic tricks with real metaphysical abilities, would be a great idea really. At least to get some fame and money.

systemoftheuniverse

since the fall of the russian empire, KGB secrets have been leaking out into our cable TV. There was supposed footage of a recovered UFO. But pertaining to this subject there was their studies on psychic powers. They had this one lady who stopped the heart of a mouse with her mind. I forget most of the show, but they went as far as to send psychics to polterguise hautings in order to see if they could recruit them for espionoge. But weirdest of all, the great david blaine brought a pigion back to life.

Of course this pigon was trained to play dead untill david spoke the magic words.

systemoftheuniverse

get the tivo out, and analize this magician the only way possiable. Frame by frame.

They don't try to hide much when they are filming, and the audience sees what the camera doesn't show. Yet they believe.

Keroscene

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"systemoftheuniverse\")</div>
get the tivo out, and analize this magician the only way possiable. Frame by frame.

They don't try to hide much when they are filming, and the audience sees what the camera doesn't show. Yet they believe.[/b]

Maybe they (the magicians) should take the million dollar challenge. I wonder why they would'nt?

Swedish Sourcerer

To bring back pigeons to life isnt difficult, if you have some pigeons just tuck there head under there wing and they will freeze and hold that position until you flick there head so they can see again, one of the oldest trick ever magicians use this way to tuck several pigeons inside their cloths and then make them magicly appear out of nowhere.:)

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

A lot of David Blaine's tricks can be bought online. In highschool I had a large collection of trick decks and all that... One of my favorites was the one where the subject names a card, the magician pulls out a pack of cards and every card but the one the person chose is blank.

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"systemoftheuniverse\")</div>
why isn't anyone talking about david blaine?

When they show the side view of a card rising to the top of the deck,.. it really makes me wonder.[/b]

I have studied magic, my family has, I've been to the Magic Castle in Los Angeles plenty of times and have family members who are members of the club. (The Magic Castle is an exclusive club of illusionists including David Copperfield etc.)

David Blaine is I'm sure (though i've not heard any heresay or anything from the horses mouth) an effective illusionist who also happens to know how to market himself incredibly well. Many of the illusions I've seen him perform you can buy in any magic store for about 5 bucks, but he markets himself well.

All magic is a hoax, they're called illusions for a reason and David Blaine is no different than any other.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"maoru\")</div>
david blaine's card tricks aren't what makes him crazy, nor is is so called levitation. he has been doing card tricks since he was 4. he's the best, and he's so quick and slight you can't catch waht he's doing even if you look at his hands, he does it in front of a mirror. he holds his hands low because its about angles.

the crazy tricks he does is reading peoples minds, and making things catch on fire. or he did one to tyra banks once, and she was more freaked out than amused. because he did the classic, tear up the card and its remade. but she was holding the torn pieces tight in her fist when he did it, and she felt it, said it hurt. probably some demonic force. i'm writing a song called 'david blaine is jesus/satan'...[/b]

Father's an illusionst, member of magic castle in LA. The move you're talking about is called a force and it's used requently in illusions. There's no mind reading or demonic forces involved, you simply use slight of hand to prevent someone from taking any other card than what you want. When done well to a person who isn't a trained observer/practicioner it's extremely hard to detect.

As for tyra banks' statement about the illusion.... well i'll just leave it at that.

~~~For anybody who wants to do this kind of stuff just go into a magic shop and aks for a svengali deck or something like that. You'll be amazed at how incredibly simple the stuff is once you learn it. The art is in the hand movement though, not the technical prowess of the design of the tricks. Simple (mostly until you get to advanced stuff) in concept, difficult to carry out.

thenumbersix

it's entertainment, they would probably gladly admit to it.

As for the Russian leaked secrets, brought to us by US cable networks, heheh, call me sceptic but they're not exactly a bedrock of truth and traditional reporting standards....

gomp

blain has no "super powers" he is jsut a guy that was into card tricks as a kid and realised that he could market him self as some demonic creepy guy cause well he looks the part. If I could I would do the same but I look way to innocent for that. so I will stick with playing my self off as a really innocent guy who is accutally evil :D
sadly blain has proved that most of america will beleive any thing they see on TV.