March 24th, 2014 - a date to watch

outspoken

This is a little complicated but bear with me. When John Titor started posting people asked why he was staying in 2000-2001 for 6 months, when he had already accomplished his mission of getting the IBM computer from 1975. He vaguely said he had "personal matters" but i think he was bluffing.

The planet is constantly rotating around the sun. If you were to time travel back to a month ago, you would be in outer space because the planet would be in a completely different resolution. When you time travel you only change the TIME, not space (where you are at). Titor said his machine could detect the planets gravity to keep it anchored, but that doesnt make any sense.

What i think happens during time travel is you have to leave on the day you want to arrive. In other words, if you want to see JFK shot on Nov 22, 1963, you would have to leave in your time machine around Nov 22nd. Because the planet will be roughly the same place on Nov 22, 1963 as Nov 22, 2014. You would need a computer to do the calculations, but thats the basic idea. The planet needs to be in the place you need it for when you arrive.

This is why Titor, after starting to post in Nov 2000, didnt leave until March 24th, 2001. Whatever destination he was going to was around march 24th, of some year, so he had to wait for the planet to be in the right position. His own words say as much:

I can't make stops on the way home as it will throw the gravity
measurements off and It would force me to backtrack along the backtrack. Also, I can't just leave
and arrive at any place and time I want to. There are physical and technical limits to when and
where I can go.

FS After going over my flight plan home, I have discovered my VGL holdover period is a bit longer
than I expected

SO WHY DO I BRING THIS UP? According to Titor he was going back to 2036...BUT..what if he didnt? Titor time traveled to Nov 2000, the start of what eventually caused wwiii (George W Bush being elected). So wouldnt it make sense that he would then want to time travel to judgment day - N-day as he called it?

In other words: Did Titor have to wait until March 24th, 2001 to leave because he was traveling to around March 24, 2014 or 2015 to see WWIII? Did he lie about his destination because he didnt want anyone to figure out the obvious?

Circle the date in your calendar!

This is a little complicated but bear with me. When John Titor started posting people asked why he was staying in 2000-2001 for 6 months, when he had already accomplished his mission of getting the IBM computer from 1975. He vaguely said he had "personal matters" but i think he was bluffing.

The planet is constantly rotating around the sun. If you were to time travel back to a month ago, you would be in outer space because the planet would be in a completely different resolution. When you time travel you only change the TIME, not space (where you are at). Titor said his machine could detect the planets gravity to keep it anchored, but that doesnt make any sense.

What i think happens during time travel is you have to leave on the day you want to arrive. In other words, if you want to see JFK shot on Nov 22, 1963, you would have to leave in your time machine around Nov 22nd. Because the planet will be roughly the same place on Nov 22, 1963 as Nov 22, 2014. You would need a computer to do the calculations, but thats the basic idea. The planet needs to be in the place you need it for when you arrive.

This is why Titor, after starting to post in Nov 2000, didnt leave until March 24th, 2001. Whatever destination he was going to was around march 24th, of some year, so he had to wait for the planet to be in the right position. His own words say as much:

measurements off and It would force me to backtrack along the backtrack. Also, I can't just leave
and arrive at any place and time I want to. There are physical and technical limits to when and
where I can go.

FS After going over my flight plan home, I have discovered my VGL holdover period is a bit longer
than I expected

SO WHY DO I BRING THIS UP? According to Titor he was going back to 2036...BUT..what if he didnt? Titor time traveled to Nov 2000, the start of what eventually caused wwiii (George W Bush being elected). So wouldnt it make sense that he would then want to time travel to judgment day - N-day as he called it?

In other words: Did Titor have to wait until March 24th, 2001 to leave because he was traveling to around March 24, 2014 or 2015 to see WWIII? Did he lie about his destination because he didnt want anyone to figure out the obvious?

Aligns with another quote (from johntitor.com):
On February 26, 2001 - John Titor was asked about the date of his departure:
"I'm guessing the date of your return to the future is April 19th."

JOHN: That is a day to remember but I was thinking more along the lines of March 21.

Personally, the Ukraine/Russia standoff is a bit unsettling.

Last edited:

where I can go.

than I expected

Aligns with another quote (from johntitor.com):
On February 26, 2001 - John Titor was asked about the date of his departure:
"I'm guessing the date of your return to the future is April 19th."

JOHN: That is a day to remember but I was thinking more along the lines of March 21.

Personally, the Ukraine/Russia standoff is a bit unsettling.

another update about russia, truce until.... march 21
Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister| Reuters