Men enjoy computer games 'because of basic urge to conquer'

ZeoEmeraude

I hear there is a Dragon's Lair Trilogy that has been released on the Wii. I loved those games as a kid! Ahh..... the nostalgia of dumping quarter after quarter into a machine for hours on end.

Keroscene

The last console I owned was an Xbox 1. I've had many over the years, probably my favorite being the N64 and Dreamcast. I can't pick between the two, both equally awesome consoles. At one time I had nearly every accessory made for those systems. I stopped buying console games when I moved over to computer for primary gaming. I always wanted to play computer games primarily for the ability to customize and mod games but just couldn't afford to keep updated hardware as a youngster.

Now I just use the 360 controller on my pc for games that feel like they should be played with a controller. The microphone feature on the 360 also works exceptionally well as a default communications device. I suppose I'd buy a console again if there was a game that I really wanted to play that didn't come out on PC. Occasionally I fire up an emulator and get in to some of the old games though. I will say I haven't had that "awesome game" feeling in years though. I think games are far more impressive now than they were 10 years ago, but I just haven't felt what I felt from earlier games for quite some time. It's difficult to put that feeling in to words, but every gamer knows what I'm talking about.

Whitelight

Keroscene, I get what your talking about. One of the games that does that for me is Mario Kart, I loved the old ones so I'm glad I have the new one and a Wii.

Keroscene

I love Goldeneye 007 and Mario 64. They're what hooked me on gaming.

I just looked at my previous post. I said games are more impressive now than they were 10 years ago but I haven't been quite as impressed since then. That sounds confusing to me now... I guess just because they're more advanced with pimped graphics and longer stories, like Numenorean was saying, that doesn't make a better game. When I first played Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007 I was amazed by them. I haven't been amazed exactly like that by any game in quite some time, even though I think there are "better" games. Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

ZeoEmeraude

I love Mario 64. That game allowed me to loose a lot of sleep. My friends and I would fire one up and play it for hours. Golden Eye 007 revolutionized the first person shooter genre...and all games like Halo and Modern Warfare wouldn't be what they are without Golden Eye. I do agree that the Nintendo 64 had that "wow" feeling when you played it. I look forward to the new version of 007 on the Wii. It's hard to top perfection folks...so keep that nostalgia alive!!!