Mike Ruppert speaks of civil war!

CaryP

Originally posted by August@Nov 15 2004, 08:48 AM
CaryP,

NPR this a.m. said these purges of \"soft leakers\" is being described by some as \"an out-of-control food fight\" and by others as \"all out war\".

Where do a bunch of unemployed CIA agents go? I would imagine they have a nifty set of transferrable skills.

I have no idea, but I would think corporate espionage for starters would be a fertile field for those with talents acquired in the "company."

Cary

StarLord

It's a sad state of affairs indeed when the govt. starts weeding 'honest' CIA employees from it's ranks, personally, I didn't think such a thing existed.

Or is it closer that they are seeing the writings on the walls inhouse and realize it's time to jumpship.

In a perfect world, Willy Wonka would employ all of them making sure that they never went over to the dark side.

Or, better yet, employ them as pages in both the senate and the house. A weeks worth of their hidden tactics and I bet you that REAL laws would be passed daily, members would be present all the time and actually working for a change to enrich the lives of americans instead of padding their own pockets.

Judge Bean

A great many rats are jumping ship just now, all departments are affected, and a couple more cabinet members besides Powell just resigned.

What is going on? It's as though Bush wasn't reelected at all-- like he's not even there. As though they're shaking everybody out and starting over, and he's the cardboard cutout in the store window.

Now in DVD: W II-- Return of the Shill.

Cornelia

Having around a bunch of well trained, deeply informed, and angry ex-alphabet agents it's not the best of ideas for your govt. One or more of them can decide to bring troubles.

Darkwolf

Troubles could be a mild way of putting it. If they go after too many operations guys, they may decide to blow more than the wistle.

Judge Bean

The shakeup starts with the 911 Commission report and the attempt by Congress and Bush to outdo each other with the reorganization of the "intelligence community." This was a power grab between the branches over the control of the money and the right to "accountability." If the CIA is reorganized to include money control of the whole "community," its accountability to Congress is compromised despite federal law, and the Director would only have to report to the Oval Office in an "emergency."

The whole government is manuvering for the White House to be in the best position for retaining the maximum amount of power in an emergency. Even with a majority in Congress, Bush and his cohorts will not apparently entrust to it powers assigned to it by law.

It's probably best to think of the White House as the whole government at this point; the other branches will soon be its surrogate toadies. As such, it's probably best to question why this strange centralization of power is occurring just now, and perhaps to answer by understanding that it is an emergency posture. The government seems to be gearing up for some big steps.

StarLord

Actually, the smart alphabet dudes will go seek employment outside Conus. If that happens in a large enough wave, well, need more be said?

Darkwolf

Actually, the smart alphabet dudes will go seek employment outside Conus. If that happens in a large enough wave, well, need more be said?

I don't think that this is just a US. Problem, I think were actually looking at something world wide, so theres no place to run. Besides it is much easier to drop out of sight in your own culture than it is anywhere else.

Darkwolf

Ice, possibly the fired CIA military and other people fearing for their lives can take care of it before it comes to that. However on the whole, I agree with you.